000 | how it all begins

The gang were all at Kid Danger's funeral. Everyone ended up getting superpowers during the whole Drex situation. As Henry and Ray were talking, Charlotte, her younger sister, Veronica, Jasper, Henry's younger sister, Piper, and Schwoz walk towards them.

"I think we're done testing out super powers in public. Since someone just almost burnt down a table." Charlotte looked towards Veronica, who pursed her lips and looked away as if her sister was looking at someone else.

"Fair enough." Jasper agreed with a nod and a shrug, "Besides I should save mine for Dystopia." He says, crossing his arms.

"Oh, I thought you were going to Harbird?" Ray asks.

"Nah, I changed my mind." Jasper shook his head, "Someone's gotta keep an eye on Charlotte." He smirked a bit.

Charlotte fake laughed, "Keep talking like that and I'll leave you here." She gave him a fake smile.

"No." Ray and Jasper said at the same time.

"Speaking of leaving..." Schwoz looked towards Piper.

"Oh yeah, we gotta go." Piper nodded, scrolling through her messages.

"You're going to Dystopia too, P?" Veronica raised her eyebrow.

"Oh, no way, V." Piper shook her head, "I'm dropping these jerks off at the airport," She referred to her brother, Jasper, and Charlotte then continued on what she was saying. "Then Schwoz is gonna helicopter me into Florida State."

"Hurricane Piper is about to make landfall, y'all! Peace." Piper did that air-kiss thing with Veronica and looked to everyone else, "And I cannot stress this enough, snitches." She put her sunglasses on and walked off.

"Maybe I should've made her my side kick." Ray said.

Henry scoffed, "She never would have taken the job."

"Nah," Jasper, Veronica, Schwoz and Charlotte shook their heads.

"So...you gonna tell him or ghost him?" Charlotte asked Henry.

"Uh, give me a sec." Henry replied, the four nodding in agreement as they stepped back from the conversation.

"So..." Henry trailed off. "I was thinking."

"Yeah, me too." Ray says. "It's time for you to leave Swellview."

"Really?" Henry smiled a bit.

Ray nodded, "You're not a sidekick anymore. You're a hero."

Henry had that smile kept on his face as he looked down at his shoes, then back at Ray. "Well, I learned from the best. My hero, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson."

"That guy sweats diesel." Ray nodded in agreement, the two of them laughing softly after.

"You gonna be okay without me?" Henry asked.

Ray shrugged, "You gonna be okay in Dystopia? That place is rough."

"Somebody's gotta keep an eye on Jasper." Henry says.

"Yeah," Ray says.

"And you gotta keep an eye on Ronnie. And them," Henry nodded towards Bose, Mika, and Chapa who were hidden behind the bushes.

"Ray! Hey, Ray!" Mika whispered.

"What?" Ray asked, Veronica walking up behind him very quietly just because.

"We gave ourselves a name." Bose responded.

"Okay?" Ray shrugged.

"Also, Chapa can't stop sparking, Bose keeps trying to lift everything in sight, and we haven't seen Miles in days." Mika sighs. "Ronnie is probably the only one who's got this under control."

"Nah," Veronica said, making Ray jump and look behind him, sighing when the curly head stood beside him. "I almost just burned a table down so.." She shrugged.

"And we gave ourselves a name!" Bose repeated, making Veronica sigh and shake her head.

All of a sudden, Miles appeared out of nowhere, in some kind of weird outfit. "Hola, aloha, and the Russian word for hello." He greeted everyone.

"Where have you been?" Mika asked.

"Did you tell Ray our name yet?" Miles completely ignored her question.

"Not yet." Chapa replied.

"We're calling ourselves..." Bose trailed off.

"Danger Force!" The four all said together.

"Ooh, I like that. It makes us sound all military!" Veronica smiled brightly, Mika nodding in agreement.

"I know right?" She responded and the two girls did a handshake before the four disappeared, making Veronica's eyes widen.

Henry chuckled a bit as both Veronica and Ray pursed their lips, looking towards the boy.

"We'll be fine." Veronica sighed a bit.

"Hey, look..." Ray spoke to Henry. "Before you go...there's something I've always wanted to say to you. And, uh..it's not easy for me to say this, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it- Ooh, they're unveiling our statues!" He stopped himself, paying attention to the stage now.

"What?" Henry and Veronica said in confusion, looking up.

It was actually two statues of Henry, aka Kid Danger. He smiled brightly and looked to Ray, while Veronica stifled a laugh.

"I didn't know." Henry explained.

"Get out." Ray said.

"No, seriously, I didn't know." Henry says.

"Get. Out." Ray repeated.

Henry backed away, smiling a bit. "See you at Thanksgiving?"

"Of course." Ray clenched his jaw.

THE KELS SHOW !

   hi guys, WELCOME TO THE PROLOUGE OF REFLECTIONS!! soooo i'm excited for this book! don't worry, charlotte and ronnie are gonna have sister sister moments, just wait. so in the disclaimer i didn't settle things that will happen in the book. for starters, veronica is the same age as all the other kids because i did my research and the age thing got a bit wonky LMAOAOA

   due to it being nickelodeon there's may be some kissing, flirting of course but nothing wild of course because they're literal children. obviously there's violence, and there's going to be angst, been getting pretty good at that. OH and i'm a sucker for references so there will be a few will be in the book as you read 🤭 PLEASE DO ENJOY!!