Nicknames

𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕆𝕟𝕖

[Oscar's pov]

I had Cesar jumped into the gang. Was it the right thing to do? Fuck yeah. He doesn't know it yet but the Santos is all he's got. Loyalty runs in our blood and I gotta be sure that if anything ever happens to me, he's safe. It's just easier if he's a Santo.

"Okay i'm ready lets go!" Cesar came rushing out of his room chucking on his school bag and ran out the front door. I put my mug down and followed him out.
"It's just orientation day mano, quit buggin" I don't know why I bothered saying shit when he was too busy not listening.
I walked out and he was already in the passenger seat. This kid is fast. I looked up and seen Sad Eyes approaching the house.
"Aye homes, can I get a ride to my ruca's?" I gave him a nod and he jumped in the back. 
I noticed the new girl across the road was just walking outta her house. It looked like she had something in her mouth. Is that bread? What kind of breakfast is th-
Cesar honked the horn, interrupting my train of thought and the girl across the road caught me staring and just waved at me. I gave her a nod and got in the car and drove off. I've never talked to her but Cesar says she's a senior at his school and is nice but that's about it. 
"You were checking out kindness huh?" Sad Eyes said and slapped the back of my head. Kindness? Him and Cesar started laughing but before I could say something back, someone stepped out in front of my car so I slammed my foot on the breaks.
"Yo, you crazy?!" I stuck my head out the window and seen it was Cesar's lil ruca. She made her way to my window and bent down to see through to Cesar.
"Just wanted to let Cesar know that i'm back" I looked back at Cesar to see his reaction but he kept his eyes straight and his jaw clenched so, me being his big brother, decided to play with him a little. 
"Lookin like a fine ass hyna" I looked her up and down and I could hear Sad Eyes trying not to laugh from the back. I almost forgot homes was in the back. 
"An under aged hyna" She snapped back.
"Not for some" I said and looked at Cesar. I know she's his claim.
"You just look a little different, what is it?" Oh right, she had braces the last time I seen her.
"My boobs?" She answered and I chuckled at the fact that she thought I was looking at her chest.
"Nah you got your braces off." I looked past her and saw that her friends seemed terrified. Sometimes I forget that even Cesar's friends are scared of me. They flashed me an awkward smile and the girl from across the road showed up. Again. She stood with the others and smiled and talked. She sure does smile a lot. A little too much. Why is she so happy? She deadass looks annoying. I don't think I like her.
"Hey Spooky, look it's kindness" Sad Eyes pushed me and pointed in her direction but before he could say anything else I drove off. I think she saw him pointing.
"Next time you can walk, homes" We both just laughed it off but Cesar seems a little bothered by what I said to his ruca. Oh well he'll get over it.
"Why do you keep calling her 'kindness'?" I looked at Sad Eyes through the rear view mirror briefly for his answer.

"You'll see"

[Clara's pov]

I set my alarm for 6:30am every morning because I don't like getting ready in a hurry but I slept through my alarm. Usually my parents would drop me off but I want to start walking now. Don't get me wrong I love my parents but they're clingy. I mean on my first day of kindergarten my mom cried from when she dropped me off to when she picked me up. On my first day of high school, my dad picked me up 3 hours early because he missed me. I cant blame them but ever since I got sick, they've been a little too clingy.
I got ready pretty quickly, grabbed a slice of bread for breakfast and stepped outside. I was in too much of a hurry to actually cook something but honestly it was a good day. I started looking through my bag to make sure I had the house keys when I heard a car horn coming from the house across the road. I looked over and saw a man with a white tank top and long shorts on staring at me. I quickly took the bread out of my mouth and to make things less awkward I just smiled and waved and he gave me a nod before getting in his car and speeding off. Was I not supposed to wave? 

----

After what felt like a hike I finally see Jamal, Ruby and Monse. I take back what I said, it is way too hot for it to be a gOoD dAy. I walked over to Jamal and Ruby, happy that I don't have to walk to school alone. I'm a little out of breath but whatever, i'm unfit.
"Hey, what's Mons doing?" I asked looking over at Monse who was talking to the guy from earlier.
"Not letting it go" Jamal answered with a nervous look on his face.
I met these 3 when I moved here before summer break started. I met Cesar a little later which is ironic because he literally lives across from me.
"Is this about what Cesar said?" Ruby gave me a look to stop me from saying anything else.
"She doesn't know anything so lets just stop talking about it." Ruby said. When I looked over to the car I saw a guy in the back seat pointing right at me. I looked behind me confused and they sped off. Again. Maybe I shouldn't of waved earlier.
We all started walking again and Monse's still trying to get us to spill. Ruby looked at me because I wanted to tell her as soon as she got back but I get why they don't want to tell her. We haven't even said anything and already she's tripping. Then I heard Monse say something about Cesar showing off because of his brother.
"Wait, that's Cesar's brother?" I looked at them confused. Cesar said he wasn't supposed to be out for another year?
"Yeah, good ol' Spooky just got out a few weeks ago" Jamal answered but he's still nervous for some reason. I pulled him aside while Ruby and Monse continued to argue about Cesar.
"You nervous about football tryouts?" I felt bad for the kid. I know he's only doing it for his dad but Jamal is not an athletic boy. The team is going to kill him.
"I'm gonna die out there, Clar!" He shook me and started pacing back and forth. He's right but am I gonna tell him that? No, because that's not nice.
"Hey!" I grabbed hold of his shoulders to keep him still. "You are not gonna die on that field you hear me? Yeah the other guys are big and fast" He looked at me even more worried so I skipped the Martin Luther King speech and got to the point, "but you're faster, i've seen you run when you're afraid." He nodded his head trying to calm his breathing down.
"Fear does that to people, you're right Clar I can do this. You know sometimes I forget you're a senior" He said. I'm slightly offended but i'm glad I got through to him.
"Use your survival instincts to your advantage. Think of them as, I don't know, bears and run as fast as you can" I should be a motivational speaker or something, i'm so good at this.
"Oh my God ... they're bears!" He started panting again. Oh. I slowly backed away and walked to the others to let Jamal calm down a bit cause it's clear I am not helping. 
"Hey so why do you guys call Cesar's brother 'Spooky'?" I asked as the arguing died down a bit. I swear they all looked at me like I was dumb then started walking again without saying anything. Then Monse walked along beside me and answered my question.

"Oh trust me, you'll see"

****

A/N:
My least favourite part about writing is starting it off. Literally all I can ever come up with for the first hour is "Once upon a time..."
But here is the first chapter. I cant wait for this story to unfold! 

<3