01

The Millionaire Detective

A/N: Yes, Balance: Unlimited just came out today and I wrote ff bc I'm a whore for Daisuke Kambe. Please enjoy

Kato Izanami sat in her chair filling in reports that were bound to be turned in sooner than later. Unlike her brother, Izanami signed up for this job instead of transferring. She sighed and leaned back in her chair, stretching out her arms before the door rattled open. Her brother came carrying books that seemed to be from old investigations. "Hey, everybody." He greeted his fellow co-workers, along with his sister who held in a chuckle as Kamei's computer popped up a sexual ad. Haru shuffled his sister's hair, which matched his own before he sat down across from her. Izanami smiled at her brother, watching as he sat down, "The guys in First Division are in a flurry. You heard anything?" He asked, making her shake her head. "I haven't heard anything in particular." She spoke, closing up the last words of her report. The girl unbuttoned her beige wool coat and removed it. Izanami wore a white turtleneck with no sleves, a tight black plaid mini skirt and nude heels, she may work in an office all day but why not look good while doing it. The younger Kato sibling grabbed a loose hair tie from her desk and tied up her long locks before Haru stared at his sister. "What?" She sneered, annoyed that her brother just looked at her and said nothing.

"Come with us, the Car Festival in Ginza needs more manpower."

"Are you calling me a man, Kato?"

"Eh? No, you idiot. I just know that if anything happens you'll be there to tackle them."

Kato bagan to laugh with his fellow co-worker Kamei as Izanami glared at the two men. "It was one time! One time, Kato! He deserved it anyways." She huffed, grabbing her jacket and standing up before the two. "Let's go before I change my mind." Her fellow workers still snickered behind Izanami, making her turn around and pull on both of their ears. "You two, are dogs!" She barked, huffing and pulling away from their ears before she walked ahead of them. "I'll drive!"

❃ ❃ ❃

"I heard the First Investigation Division guys drink at a pretty nice place in this area." Kamei informed, as he leaned into the driver and passenger section. "Ah- that reminds me! Kato weren't you in-" Izanami stomped on her breaks, making her fellow co-worker hit his head on the arm rest. "Sorry..." The Kato sister apologized apathetically, eyeing her brother as he showed no discomfort. The three workers looked ahead, noticing a fancy black car before them. "That's a nice sight." Kamei mumbled, rubbing his forehead. "It's not a car that someone with a respectable job would ride." Haru informed, holding his head up with the palm of his hand as he looked out the window. Izanami couldn't help but glance out her window, looking at the man who drove the car. "Kamei was right.. Very nice sight." She spoke, looking back at the road. The small glimpse she had gotten was enough to tell that the man behind the driver wheel was wealthy and very good looking. He was in a suit and had his hair slicked back, ignoring everything but the road itself. The girl sighed, "He's probably made from dirty money..."

"Whatcha say, Iza?" Kamei asked, leaning into the driver's seat.

"Nothing."

Haru eyed his sister as she parked somewhere near the event. They unbuckled themselves and headed towards their destination, receiving a green and while sleeve that had the words 'Lost Child Guidance.' "Quite the scene we've got here. Apparently the prince of Abura Emirates will be participating. I heard he's a speed demon, scooping up cars left and right with his oil money." Izanami scoffs, crossing her arms as they watched the cars drive by. "We're getting worked to the bone with cheap pay, and they get to ride cars like this." Kamei disapproved, looking at the two Kato siblings