"YEAH." Sonnett shouts then we all wait to see who we'll be playing

"The first team joining the United States in Group A is....Australia."

"Sweet." Lindsey says.

"Australia will slot into slot A2."

"Not a bad match to kickoff the World Cup." Tobin says then we wait around until our group shows back up again

"Joining the United States and Australia in group a will be..." Alex Scott says then a piece of paper is shown with the name of our 2nd opponent. "...The Republic of Ireland."

"Sweet." Tierna says. "We get to play Katie."

"That'll be fun." I say then my phone buzzes so I check it and see I have a text.

Katie☘️: WE'RE GONNA WIN

Me: We'll see about that.

"Did you get Katie's text too?" I ask.

"Yep." Tierna says with a smile as our last opponent is revealed.

"And the last team joining group A and automatically going into slot A4 is....... Cameroon."

"Well hopefully we get the Cameroon team who actually plays fair and not the Cameroon from the England game." Alex says as the last few countries are drawn.

Once the groups are set I look over the groups.

Group A
USA
Australia
Ireland
Cameroon

Group B
Canada
South Africa
Scotland
Italy

Group C
Brazil
Mali
Mexico
Norway

Group D
Netherlands
China
Costa Rica
New Zealand

Group E
Sweden
Spain
Nigeria
Colombia

Group F
Germany
South Korea
Iceland
Argentina

Group G
England
Vietnam
Denmark
Jamaica

Group H
France
Chile
Switzerland
Japan

"Are we playing a friendly in January?" I ask.

"No." Ali says. "They're giving you girls a rest."

"So what's our schedule like before the World Cup?" Moe asks.

"We're playing England, Germany, and France for SheBelieves." Ali says.

"Will you two be there?" Mal asks.

"No." Ash says. "Ali's not suppose to give birth before then, but we won't be there just in case."

"Do I need to be there?" I question.

"You might." Ash says. "I can check with Ali's doctor and see what you should do."

"Okay." I say.

"What about the April friendlies?" Sophia asks.

"We're playing Japan in Dallas then we play Italy in Kansas City." Ali says.

"Will you be back for that?" Christen asks.

"I think it depends on how well all of us are doing." Ali says.

"But we'll definitely be back for the May friendlies and the World Cup." Ash says.

"Where are the May friendlies?" Alex asks.

"We play Brazil in Los Angeles, then we play Denmark in Minnesota, and lastly we play Iceland in New York." Ash says.

"May I ask something?" I question.

"Of course." Tobin says.

"Is the fact that Tierna and I play overseas gonna hurt our chances of making the World Cup team?"

"No Munchkin." Ali says.

"Even if we don't join up with the team at the same time as everyone?" Tierna asks.

"When's your last game for Arsenal this season?" Ash asks.

"If we make the Champions league final then it'd be May 18th." I say. "Otherwise it'll be May 14th."

"So if you two do get picked for the team then you'll probably be rested for the Iceland game or you'll only play a few minutes." Ash says and I nod.

"When are you coming back to America for the holiday's?" Moe asks.

"We have one more league game then we're done till January 9th." Tierna says. "I'll be back after that game."

"After the league game Daan and I are flying back to hopefully watch Athena and Chase play in their state championship games." I say. "Then the two of us are staying for Christmas and the Wedding."

"When are you two coming back to America?" Mal asks. "Like permanently."

"Well my contract is up after this season." Tierna says. "And I've already signed a deal to come back to the NWSL in August after I have a break."

"What team?" Sophia asks.

"I don't think I can say." Tierna says.

"What about you Audrey?" Christen says. "When are you coming back?"

"My contract runs out the June before the 2024 Olympics." I say. "But Daan and I are going to talk about what is best for us after the World Cup."

"Have you had any offers from the NWSL?" Alex asks.

"Daan and I have had offers from the Atlanta Vipers, the California Storm, the Colorado Blizzard, the LA Knights, the Miami Thunder, the Minnesota Mustangs, the New Orleans Jesters, the Orlando Pride, the Philadelphia Spartans, and the Thorns."

"Do you want to come back?" Tobin asks.

"I do."

"Did you and Daan hand in transfer requests too?" Tierna asks.

"Daan and I handed in transfer requests before we left for the December friendlies, but they were turned down." I say. "Apparently a lot of the transfer requests were turned down."

"Is something wrong with the club?" Ash asks.

"One of the players overheard a few of the front office people saying some not nice stuff about the women's team." I say.

"So don't be surprised if there's an influx of foreign players into the NWSL after this season." Tierna says.

"When you say front office." Christen says. "Who do you mean?"

"The Owner."