02|New Location

02:New Location

*Edited

"We're here!" my mom practically squeals.

The apartment looks even better than it did online.

"Alright Honey, let's go see your dorm." My mom says breaking me from my thoughts. 

"What if my roommate is a serial killer?" I say jokingly back to my mom. 

"Oh Hunny you will be just fine, now let's go before I drag you out of this car." My mother replies as I stumble out of the car to grab a box full of my clothes.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I won't be seeing my mom for 3 months. 

We all grab a box full of my belongings and head to the door.

When I open the door I'm surprised to see that the apartment is pretty big. On the left, there's a kitchen and a living area. 

If you look to your right there's my room, and if you look straight ahead you'll see my roommates room. 

"Wow, this is actually pretty nice. "Matt remarks, looking around the room.

"Yeah I know right." I reply happily taking in the view. 

"Well, you two can go explore. I'll go get the rest of your belongings Hunny."

I walk to my door and open it to reveal a closet to my left, a bed to my right, a bathroom on the right of the closet, and a desk placed a few feet from my bed. Damn ok I can live with this for a while. 

"Sooooooo how do you feel about this whole college thing?" Matt asks, dragging the o dramatically, pushing a piece of hair from his forehead.

"I don't know exactly, I'm nervous about my classes but I'll miss my mom being around all the time the most. "

It's true I will miss my mom, I mean we have been through so much together and I really will miss hearing her stupid jokes every day.

"Oh I know, and she'll miss you too, I'll miss you, but the 3 months will be over before you know it Stells. '' I know you and I know you can do whatever you put your mind to."

"I know, I just can't believe I'm living in an apartment, I mean where does the time go?"

He nods.

"Ok, I got your stuff!" I hear my mom say carrying in the rest of my items.

"Thank you. "

"Well this was the part I was most definitely not looking forward to at all."Matt says while dragging his feet, whispering in my ear.

"Awww really you don't wanna leave me, how adorable."I whisper back.

"No idiot, I meant driving your mom to the airport. She plays really weird music and talks my damn ears off. "He says a little too loud.

"Hey I'm not that bad and my music is lit! You know what I'm sayin."

"Mom! literally nobody says that." 

I really do love my mom but sometimes she's just......I don't even know how to explain to her honestly. 

"Oh whatever give me a hug! I'm gonna miss my baby, I can't believe you're already off to college."She pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too. I reply with my voice slightly muffled by her shirt."

"Ok well don't get into any trouble, and stay AWAY from boys! I'm not ready for grandchildren yet."

"Mom, trust me, I'll be fine, I love you!"

"I mean it doesn't do anything stupid Hunny."

"I love you Hunny!" she waves while stepping in her car.

"Bye Stells!"Matt shouts from the car.

"Bye matt!"I shouted back.

I watch as Matt and my mother leave. It's almost like the first chapter of my life is leaving me, it's telling me it's time to start a brand new one. When I no longer see my mother's car I make my way up to the apartment

 When I no longer see my mother's car I make my way up to the apartment