"Hey, um," he said. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah," Eleanor answered, avoiding his gaze while she placed her snacks on her bag. "I'm fine."

"El," he spoke again, and as soon as the girl placed her bag back on her spine he placed a hand on her arm. "You know you can count on me, right?"

"Yeah Parker, I know." She returned, looking at his eyes. She smiled in reassurance since his stern look didn't change one bit. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. This feeling will wear off. I promise."

Peter gave a close mouth smile and nodded. "Alright, let's get going."

As the teenagers walked to the entrance and got on the bus on time, they were in silence. Just when the large vehicle started to leave the school parking lot, Eleanor gazed out the window beside Peter, wishing what her mother had said was true: she was excited for the museum, not worried about something happening. She took a deep sigh and kept staring out of the window. It's going to be a nice day, she thought to herself. 

On the other hand, Peter felt his doom was getting closer and closer: He had only practiced what he wanted to tell Eleanor in front of his mirror twice, and he was worried he'd mess up in any way. Aunt May, Ned, and MJ told him there was nothing he should be worried about, but he always answered the same thing: It was Eleanor who they were talking about. The incredibly badass girl who saved him without knowing him that well, his best friend, his literal partner against crime.

Peter's hands were fidgeting with the hem of his shirt as the school bus drove through the city. He also felt himself getting dizzy and took a long, deep breath that caught Eleanor's attention.

"You okay?" She asked, sitting up straight, glancing at him.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just excited." He replied, placing his arm on the seat in front of him, resting his head and closing his eyes.

"Are you sure?" She questioned as she noticed the bus started crossing a bridge. Eleanor lightly touched his arm. "I have some water if you-"

And at that moment, Eleanor didn't know if she was dreaming or not, but she felt as if something clicked. And she knew Peter felt it too, looking by how the tiny hairs in his arm stood up straight. He looked at his arm, and then at her, widening his eyes. Eleanor turned around and saw a giant spaceship shaped like a ring floating in the sky far away from them. It was massive, something she'd never seen before.

She looked back at Peter, feeling her heart pounding inside her chest. Without saying anything, she nodded: giving him the sign that they'd fight this together. He smiled back and nodded as well.

"Hey," Peter reached out to touch Ned's shoulder in front of him, making his friend take out his earphones. "We need a distraction."

Ned looked out Eleanor's window and gasped, before yelling: "Holy shit, we're all gonna die!"

All the students traveled to the back of the bus, gawking out the windows. Meanwhile, Peter had taken his web shooter, opening the exit window across them. Eleanor then seized his backpack, setting it on her back as Peter exited the window, and helped her get out. Both teenagers placed their masks on with one hand as Peter grasped the edge of the window. She hugged him tightly as he shot another web to the bridge's structure, and jumped from the bus's surface.

"So," Peter yelled as he swung building by building. "Does this mean you have a spider-sense too?!"

Eleanor, with her eyes closed and holding Peter as tight as she could, yelled back: "Don't know! it only happens during major events! James, what's going on?"