Chapter 2

2 years earlier

"Come on, Promise! Wake up!" My dad threw a pillow at my head for the fifth time that morning.

"Dad, I literally do not wanna go to school today." I groaned still wrapped up in the covers.

"Promise, I'm not sen-"

"I know, I know." I changed my voice to mimic his. "I'm not sending my daughter to uni without a good education! Get out there and work your butt off!" I repeated the speech he gave to me countless times, and rubbed my tired eyes.

"It's true, I give good advise." He said, winking at me and walking out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at his comment as I stood up and looked at the clock, 6:40 am. I picked out my cloths, consisting of skinny jeans and a t-shirt that I found in my dads closet. I walked to the bathroom and put my hair into a messy bun, I couldn't care less about my appearance.

"Good morning, Promise." My mum said, leaning in and kissing my cheek as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Hi." I said shoving pop-tart in my face. "I'm going to school a bit earlier today."

"That's fine. You want a ride?"

"Nah, it's fine." I made my way out of the kitchen to the front door, grabbing my shoes and bag. Walking outside, I noticed the dark clouds loomed above me, like every day. I hopped into the car, turned the radio on, and pulled out of the driveway.

"Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,

I don't wanna stay, wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell.

And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,

And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

Won't you please stop loving me to death?"

The radio station had 5 Seconds of Summer's song Voodoo Doll playing, and it made my day better, even though it had just started.

As I pulled into my parking spot, I noticed kids had already started to assemble, gathering into their groups in the commons, a little area outside with picnic tables. I walked past them as I put my bag onto my shoulder, trying to ignore Zayn Malik's group. The bad boys and 'sluts' where gathered around him as he told a story, probably about the party he went to or the girl he was with the night before.

I successfully made it to the schools lobby and saw my group of friends at a table. Theo saw me and waved me over to join them, her smile grew as I walked towards her and the rest of them.

"Hey!" She said happily. Her personality was extremely happy, bubbly, and not sarcastic, but she wouldn't take crap from anyone.

"Hi, Theo." I sat down and noticed Zayn's group walking into the doors.

"Shoot." I mumbled turning away from them. Theo and I knew if we made any friendly gestures, they would get the wrong impression and do something stupid. I glanced up at him and he winked at me, he didn't mean anything by it.

I flip him off and he laughed, I was not in the mood for Zayn's fake flirting. Thankfully he walked away, noticing my annoyance.

"Thank the lord. He's gone." Theo whispered so only the two of us could hear. Just then the bell rang and our group split, making our way to our lockers and then to class. One of my friends, Andy, walked with me to my locker.

"I saw what you did to Zayn." He said laughing a bit. I blushed and opened the messy locker. "You know, he really isn't that bad."

"Tell that to me when he's in jail." I sarcastically said, knowing it would aggravate Andy a little. Andy was Zayn's friend and they've known each other their whole lives.

"Promise." He warned. I laughed at his seriousnes.

"I know, I know. I'll see ya later." I said as we departed. I walked into my math class and there he was, smiling at me.

"This should be fun," I thought.

"Hey, Promies!" Zayn yelled. "Sit with me."

"Oh, I'd love to sit with you, but unfortunatly I'm not into people like you. Sorry." I smiled at Zayn and sat in my normal seat. The teacher came in and sat at his desk ordering papers around. He looked up and started taking attendance.

After classes were finished, Theo and I met up. We started walking to my car as Zayn stopped us.

"Hey girls, I'm having a party next weekend. Be there." He told us and walked off before we could say anything. Theo and I looked at eachother and confusment filled both of our faces.

"What was that?"

"I'm not exactly sure." I responded and went off to her house.

_______________

hi guys!

so a quick 'authors note'.

thank you so much for reading Blind!!!
this chapter wasn't "action packed" because it's just introducing the main characters.

please comment, vote, and share :)