Chapter 6

A/N
The above picture is her look as The Winter Soldier, except her right arm is metal

Third Person POV
70 years later

The Winter Soldier sprinted across rooftops trying to escape the man she had been told was known as "Captain America." Just as she was about to jump to the next roof top, the girl's instincts told her to turn around, allowing her to catch the Captain's shield with her metal arm just in time. Something about this man looked familiar, but she couldn't figure out what exactly it was. The Captain took her hesitation as an opportunity to attack. However, she was able to predict each move he was going to make before he did it. Eventually however, he caught her off guard and collided his shield with the side of her head.
•••
Winter's POV

      I opened my eyes to find myself locked in a cell. I look around, there was a small room that I assumed was a bathroom and I was laying on a twin sized bed. Near the cell wall, there were a change of clothes and a tray of food. The place was pretty nice, considering where HYDRA kept me. However, what stuck out before any of that, were the three people observing me from the outside of the cell. There was a tall blonde man, a brunette woman, and a red-headed woman. They were watching my every move, so I stood to face them. There was no way I was going to let them intimidate me, that's not what HYDRA trained me to do. "Where am I," I asked harshly. The blonde man seemed upset about something. The two women, however, looked pissed.

"Go ahead and sit back down, princess, because you aren't intimidating anyone." The red head snapped, I glared at her and stayed right where I was. "Why did you shoot Nick Fury?"

"Because he was my mission."

"On whose orders?" The brunette asked.

"HYDRA's," I shrugged.

"That's impossible. HYDRA fell with the red skull," The blonde shook his head.

"Cut off one head, two more shall take its place," I recited. The man shuddered. "Can you at least tell me what year it is?"

"2014. Where is HYDRA stationed?" He asked. I simply shrugged. "We'll find out eventually, you might as well just make all our lives a bit easier."

"I wasn't aware that you took me hostage for your convenience," I said sarcastically. "I'm not telling you anything else until you answer a few of my questions." The trio kept asking me questions, but I made the decision to ignore them and take the clothes to change in the bathroom. I slip on the black leggings and hoodie that had S.H.I.E.L.D. written across the front of it. I scoff, but wear it anyway because it's more comfortable than my suit. I start to walk back towards the bed when images start flashing through my mind. I grip the sides of my head and drop to my knees as the sound of my screams and the man's commands to let him in faded as if it were under water.

Flashback
(AN: when i put a • it means the memory changes)
"Steve! Are you ok?" A young brunette boy ran up as I helped a blonde boy around the same age up.

"I'm fine, thanks to Olivia here."

"Hi Olivia, I'm James Barnes. But everyone calls me Bucky."

"Bucky!" Steve shouted, rushing to the side. "Hang on," he tried to reach Bucky, but he couldn't get to him. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as I watched the love of my life fall to his death.

"Кто такая Оливия Куинн?" (Who is Olivia Quinn?) A man with a thick russian accent asked. I look up to him.

"я не знаю." (I don't know) I replied.

"кто эти двое мужчин?" (Who are these two men?) The man asked, referring to a picture of a girl who looked like me between a blonde man with a red, white, and blue suit holding a shield and a brunette with a gun who looked to be a soldier.

My response was the same, "я не знаю." (I don't know).

End of flashbacks

When the pain finally started to subside, I found myself on the ground with the blonde pushing my hair out of my face. I pushed myself away in shock, then made eye contact with the man. "Steve?" I asked hesitantly.

His heart seemed to drop, but he put on a small smile. "You used to call me Stevie."

"Bucky... he's dead because of me?" I asked painfully.

"Liv, Bucky isn't dead."

A/N
In this story, instead of following the Winter Soldier timeline, the only part happening from that movie is the attempt to assassinate Fury. Since they already took her from HYDRA, the time that would be spent as Captain America: The Winter Soldier is instead going to be them trying to get their Liv back. However, Civil War and so on will still happen. Sorry for any confusion 🙃. Also, if any of her memories seem confusing or if they're lacking details, they'll be more detailed and explained later in the book. These are just her first few memories coming back.