Just getting started (1200 AD)

I used my energy to keep up with Elijah, there was something about family that tugged at his heart strings, a trait I loved a lot, he was family orientated, a good suitor for any woman. We reached the centre of the village to see everyone crowded around. Elijah pushed his way through, I followed swiftly behind before the gap closed.

It was Henrique, the youngest boy of the Mikaelson family, he was lying on the ground, he felt cold. Henrique was accompanied by Klaus, who knelt beside him, yelling "We snook out to watch the werewolves turn, it was a full moon" there was something about werewolves that fascinated Niklaus, but unfortunatley, his fascination brung terrible sadness. As what of I heard, Henrique joined in with the fascination, but got too close, he was bitten severly, I knew it was fatal, but I tried to save him. It was all a blur, I called out for some herbs that I kept in my cupboards, and rubbed them into the wound, chanting words from the healing spell of my mothers. No luck, "I'm sorry" I glanced at Esther, the Mikaelson's mother and then the rest of her children who looked to the ground in their sorrow.

I then looked at Elijah, who didn't need any comforting, as Tatia had found her way to his side and was resting her head on his shoulder. My hear sank, not only for the loss of Henrique, but for the fact that I felt that Elijah was falling for another, that he never had those feelings I have for him. Tatia was beautiful, she was unique aswell, she didn't have magic, my mother told me she was a doppelganger, a copy of another who should have perished, but didn't. I stood up and watched has little Henrique was carried away to be readied for the funeral, and then I walked away.

I lived alone in my house, it was a lonley life, my father was killed in the same battle as what Tatia's old lover, my mother grew lonley without his presence and resorted to taking her own life. I was fully connected to my supernatural self when she passed, so I could provide for myself and that kept me alive.

About five hours after the incident, I heard a knock at the door. "Esther?" I was surprised to see her at my door, she never visits as I bring memories of my mother back. "Can I aid you in anything?"

"Yes, can we go inside, this is a private matter" she explained, she spoke with an eerie tone, but I wasn't surprised, her son had just died. I stepped to the side, gesturing for her to come in, she hurried in and stood nervously in my house. "What is the matter, why do you seek my help?" I was curious, but part of me didn't want to know. "Yes, firstly, I want to thank you for your attempts to save my young, and secondly, I know your affections for Elijah, and I know you would want to protect him at all costs" she began to explain. My ears perked up at Elijah's mention, was it obvious, my love for him, but she was correct. "I have found a spell, a spell that would protect Elijah, and all of my children, but I don't think I have the power myself to do it" she finished and waited for my approval. "What are the implications? A spell always has the implications, I need to see the grimoire you found this spell in" as I finished, she pulled a thick, tatted book out of her pouch and turned it onto the page we needed.

I read the spell over and over again, taking it in, memorising it before I gave my answer. I argued with myself, should I do it? or shouldn't I? after a short while, it hit me "dark magic" I whispered, Esther took a step towards me "Pardon Rose?"

"Dark magic" I raised my voice so Esther could hear me "You want me to perform dark magic on your family, magic that would make them immortal yet will feast on the blood of others, think about it Esther, how many innocent people would die if i performed this spell, I apologise but I cannot do this" I closed the book and handed it back to her, she stood shocked before making a hasty exit. For the rest of the night I lay worrying, "what if she does have the power to perform the spell?" but I believed she wouldn't. All of my worries then lay on Tatia and Elijah, he was my true love, but what would happen if he was taken away?