Chapter 2: The Greatest Unknown

The day Imogen dreaded has finally come. Her dad has to say goodbye. She's been hoping this year he would stay a bit longer, but it's just like the usual. So even if she hated to bid farewell, she has to see her dad for the last time.

Moe went outside and saw her dad loading his luggage to the car. She felt an urge to hug him and express how much she loves him. But she just stood there and stared at his back, unaware of the fact that it will be her greatest regret her whole life.

-

"Momo! Let's play!" Kian popped out of nowhere, yet Imogen wasn't even close to being shocked. She ignored his entire existence and continued scribbling random letters on the sand.

"Aish! Come on!"

As impatient as Kian is, he grasped her wrist and dragged her towards the shore.

"Don't you have friends?"

"Of course, I have!" He motioned his little arms to what form a circle. "This big!"

"I don't want, let go of me! I'm a busy lady you know."

"Ah.. You call that busy? You were just basically playing with dirt."

"Better than playing with a trash."

She said, tears threatening to fall.

Kian started panicking when water forms in her eyes. He didn't know what to do. He tried to console her by giving her the candies he snatched from one of his friends.

"Ssssshhh! Don't cry, Lola will scold me if she sees you crying."

No matter what he say, Moe's cries is just getting louder.

"Ah-huh!" Kian thought of something. "How about flying a paper plane?"

"No..."

"Come on, I'll teach you how!"