Chapter 7: Teammates

Start from the beginning

Ayame Kyo is the loud social butterfly of the two. She's the goofy one and I'm much closer with her than Kou. Although, in grades, She doesn't have the upper hand against her twin. Kyo plays power forward which means she mostly has to deal with rebounding the ball and shot-blocking.

Kou, on the other hand, is the calm and calculative one of the two. With her calm in and off-court demeanor and white hair, she may pass off as some angel as most people would say. I, however, disagree with that. Kou and I don't get along too well. Her position is the shooting guard of the team which means she's the outside shooter and whenever I miss a shot during the game she would always reprimand me and tell me off, which isn't very good during intense matches.

I play the shooting guard of the team. This means that I am able to control the ball movement during the game. My role is important in directing the team's tempo and execution. However, due to my reckless actions last year, I sometimes switch to the small forward position; the most versatile player on the court that plays both defense and offense. 

"Alright, girls huddle up!" The captain said when we finished stretching and cooling down. "Today was the first day of training. We have a lot ahead of us so prepare for what's to come!" She said making all of us excited even if we felt strained from today's training.

"Yes, captain!" We shouted in unison and began cleaning up. 

--

We were packing up when I heard someone call my 'name'.

"Yo burger-chan! Come on let's go home together!" I look towards the door and I see a very annoying dark blue-haired man waving at me.

"Oh look its Haru-chan's boyfriend," Kyo said snickering at her comment. I hit her side and began walking towards Aomine with my bag hanging by my shoulders, "Say that again, Kyo-kun and I will skin you alive." I left her as she was holding her side in pain. "Jeez, everyone is so mean to me today," She said fake crying.

I rolled my eyes and peered towards Aomine. He smiled at me and took my bag from me, "Come on burger-chan you're so slow." He said walking away from me before I could disagree with him carrying my sports bag. "This idiot" I sighed shaking my head. 

Aomine was whistling as we walk towards the exit. I turn my head to the gym next door. I could still hear people playing volleyball and I looked at my watch. It's 8:00, they're probably ending soon. I thought curiously while looking for a familiar olive haired man.

"Burger-chan!" I sighed and trailed after my very annoying and loud childhood friend. 

--

We were waiting at the bus stop and I couldn't help but ask Aomine, "Hey, what time does your training end?" He continues playing his phone and hums "7:30-ish"

My eyes widened, that's a thirty-minute wait! I pushed his shoulder with mine making him look at me, "You sure you want to wait for me that long?" I asked worry lacing my voice. Aomine smirked at me then chuckles all of a sudden placing his hand on his chin making him look like he was thinking.

"Is the basketball freak, Kazuko Harumi, worried about me?" I stared back "I am Aomine-kun" I said in a nonchalant way. His eyes widened at my response "Ah jeez, burger-chan" then proceeded to cover his blushing face.

"Why are you blushing, Aomine-baka? " I asked annoyed at his emo side not really in the mood for it. "Nothing, let's go home already, burger-chan. The bus is there" He said standing up and heads towards the bus. 

--

This went on for weeks.

After class, me and Ushijima would go jogging together on a specific route we agreed upon that took up about 5 miles. Although, at first, I had a hard time keeping up with his fast-paced running, after a while I eventually could keep up with ease. He tried slowing down for me at first, but that only fired me up even more. After jogging, we would say our goodbyes and head towards our training areas.

The team would then continue the drills my brother left for us to do with the captain being strict with us as well. However, we eventually got used to the rhythm and merely wait for the coach to return. 

Then, after training, Aomine would usually pick me up in the gym and we would head home together. 

I was getting used to the daily routine until one morning.

--

Author's note:

Hello, I just wanted to introduce Harumi's teammates and friends here and I hope you guys understood some of the basketball terms I used.

The appearance of Harumi's friends are based of these images.

Credits all goes to the artist!

First, Minako Rin

Next, the Ayame Twins: Kyo (Black Hair) and Kou (White Hair)

And, again, Daiki Aomine

And,  again, Daiki Aomine