1

I used to live with my mother Giulia Navarro, she's also my best friend or that's what I thought.It was a Saturday and mom and I had just returned from our Spa day like we used to do every weekend. Someone knocked at the door and she opened it while I was on Instagram sharing some instastories.

- Hello Rachel. - I heard the man saying to her.

- Richard. What are you doing here? How did you find me? - At first I thought it was mom's unknown boyfriend but then I got worried.

- Did you really think I wouldn't find you? - He asks in a stern tone of voice as my mom was guilty of some crime.

- Now that you found me you can leave. I'm busy. - She replies.

- No so fast. - He says stopping her from closing the door. - Do you think you can steal what is mine and I don't do anything about it? - Now I have all the reasons to get worried. He's almost yelling at my mother and accusing her of stealing.

- She's not a thing. She's a person.

- Mom. Is everything alright? - I go there and take a look at the person that's interrupting our day. His deep blue eyes keep staring at me like I was a ghost and that starts to intimidating me.

- Yes, honey. He's leaving now. - Mom says looking at the man who keeps looking at me that now is making me feel uncomfortable.

- Charlotte right? - He asks and I just nod staring at him. - Do you know who I am? I am your father. - He says and I don't know what to say. The person that left us, me and my mom, he returns after fifteen years and the first thing he does is yelling at my mother instead of apologising.

- Get out. - I say.

- Pardon?

- I said get out. You're not welcome anymore. None of us wants you here. - I tell him coldly full of anger kicking him out of the house. Then I look at my mother who I could see that was hurt, she whispers "thanks" and then I just hug her for a minute.

- Open the door right now Rachel. - He yells from outside knocking at the door.

- We are not opening. - I tell her determined not to look to his face ever again and mom only gives me a quick smile.

- I have to. I know him and he ain't give up. Go to meet a friend or to the mall or somewhere else while I deal with your father. - Mom says and I really cannot understand her. How can she accept being in the same room as the person that hurt her so much as he did? He didn't just hurt her, he hurt me too so she should double hate him.

- I wanted to but I really can't understand you. - I say and open the door so that I could go away and he could come in. I look at him for a second and then walk out of the door.

- Where are you going? - He asks grabbing my arm and forcing me to talk and look at him.