Mute Girl.

I sat in the library alone at my usual table, as usual, while other teens around my age fool around being loud and disrespectful to the people in the library. Books surrounded me and my guitar underneath the table carefully placed in its bag. Even though I'm ahead in all of my classes- yes I'm a really big nerd- I decided study the things the teacher taught us in class today. I hear people laughing... Most likely at me... I look up and see some of my tormentors looking at me laughing - told you- 

Sorry I totally forgot to tell you who I am. I'm a 17 old girl named Athena Knightly, like the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy, I'm not popular, in fact I don't really have any friends, which is okay I guess because I'm extremely shy and I cant talk to people, trust me Ive tried but nothing will come out. Most people know me as Mute, because I don't talk, it kind of bugs me, but I don't say anything.

I have long dark brown hair that reaches to the dimples on my back at the bottom of my spine, but its always tided up in a messy bun. Light blue eyes, my mum used t say that they were almost white, I'm very pale, I'm not to skinny and not to wide so I'm average, and I have pink pump lips.

My dad always told me that I looked like a Little angle but I never saw myself as an angle, Ive never thought I was very pretty actually I thought I was the complete opposite. Ugly!

I used to be this joyful smart loud girl, that was until my parents died of a car crash when I was 7 alone with my aunt and older sister, Aunt Jane and Kimberly, then my older brother and I moved in with my god mother and father, Victoria and Nathan.

Everything was okay after about 2 years at the age of 9, I had about 5 friends in my new school, then my best friend, Jordan died from an Asama attack. Then I got really bad again, I felt like everyone I loved would leave, and I proved that fact when, Victoria and Nathan sent my brother, Poseidon, to a boarding school in Canada because of his terrible behaviour and attitude.

That was when I stopped talking, Nathan hit me a lot because he knew I could talk but I wouldn't, that only made me not want to talk even more. Nathan and Victoria got a divorce when she found Nathan tried to rape me.

I now live with only Victoria and honestly I hate it, she likes to get a lot drunk now, and she has a lot of new boyfriends who are a lot younger than her. She tries her best to care for me by; feeding me, singing me to sleep when she is actually sober and actually loving me.

Now that I'm finally turning 18 in 2 weeks Victoria promised me that I could go to Paris for 1 week with a friend, but since i don't have any I'm bring Poseidon! He told me he wants to spend as much time as he can with  me before he goes to the army. 

A loud smash brings me out of my thoughts! I look up from my books and see a boy standing in front of me, I quickly recognize him from my school. 

His name is Ryder Carter a.k.a my number 1 tormentor. He is the schools player, all the girls want him - except me of course-. He has long black hair, blue eyes pale skin, tattoos, and has a built figure He is totally beautiful and of course he knows it. He uses girls like they are tampons, use it once then tosses it out. 

I've known him since I was 10. Ryder and I actually used to be friends when he was an outsider like me, then he found friends who talked and were "cool", he dropped me for them and started making fun of me.

When we were 15,  he called me Mute, I saw in his eyes he regretted saying it the minute he did but as soon as his "friends" started to laugh the regret was replaced with joy and acceptance. I ran from him and everyone around me laughing, pointing and calling me the name I despise.

"Hi Mute" he smiles, I just stare at him waiting for his insult "how are you?" he asks genuinely, I ignore him and turn back to my books, I hear his boots glide across the floor as he walks. He grabs a hand full of my hair and tugs it back so I'm looking at him. I wince as my hand reaches towards his to pull his hand off my loose bun. "I believe I asked you a question" he smirks, awaiting my answer