Chapter Four: Christophsis Pt. 2

"General, what exactly is General Kenobi's plan?" I asked as I stood beside him and Rex

"General, what exactly is General Kenobi's plan?" I asked as I stood beside him and Rex. The 501st had settled themselves on the North building of this so called trap, while General Kenobi and his men settled themselves in the South building.

"Well, it's suppose to be a neutralizer large enough to take out that whole army of droids, according to Obi-Wan." General Skywalker said as I nodded. They both must have noticed my dried tear face because I felt a hand on my shoulder plate and looked to see Rex looking down at me.

"Come talk with me." Rex said as I nodded, and he excused us from General Skywalker. We had walked out of the command center and down a hallway, away from eyes and ears. "Cipher, I know it's hard, believe me I do."

"He was

"He was...right there.." I said, new tears beginning to pool from my eyes. "Chase was right there! He was right there!" I began repeating as I broke down. I had just lost one of my best friends from when I was a cadet. He was one of the first people, besides Rex and Cody, to accept me for who I am. Now, he was gone.

Gone for good.

Rex had wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed as he did. I was glad that Rex was here. I needed one of my closest brother with me right now and I need the comfort. I see a lot of my brothers die on the battlefield, but I never felt this kind of pain before.

"I know, I know. But, we have to be strong for him. Strong for our brothers that are gone with him. We can't beat ourselves up for what happened to our brothers." Rex said as I nodded and we both pulled away, wiping my face as I need.

"It's just..he was my best friend. I..I can't believe he's gone.." I mumbled before Rex and I walked back to the command center. "I know. But, I got you. We have to watch each other's back. He wanted to do that and he did."

"Yeah..it was just too soo-" I was interrupted by the sound of rushing footsteps. I looked up to see Chopper approach us. "Lieutenant! General Kenobi and his men were attacked! We're going to head for the South building!"

"South? But we're in the North." I said while looking at Rex. Rex shook his head before we ran back to the command center and saw the General had just slashed at the window with his lightsaber before he broke it open with a force push. "Rex, shoot your cables!"

Rex had made his way over to the open window before ordering his men to aim for the floor level General Kenobi was on. "General Skywalker! Let me get a head start!" I exclaimed while throwing on my helmet.

"Do what you got to do, Cipher!" The General said as I nodded and I hopped onto one of the cables, zipping fast down the line as I did. I had just made it to the window when blast fire started to be thrown at me. I blasted at the window, watching as the glass broke and droids started falling to the floor dead. More droids began firing and I continued to take them out until the room was clear.

 More droids began firing and I continued to take them out until the room was clear

"All clear, General." I spoked through the commlink before I looked back and saw General Skywalker, Rex, and the others zip down the cable. Just as I turned around, I saw General Kenobi approach, along with some of his men and they were still blasting.

"How did you get here?" General Kenobi asked, but before I could answer, a blast was shot towards me and the General had blocked it. "Thanks, General Kenobi."

"Anytime, my dear."

"Let's just say, we improvised!" General Skywalker butted in as himself and General Kenobi continued blocking shots. I shot a few droids down before I looked towards the elevator. "General! Over there!"

"Alright, everyone! Move!" General Skywalker shouted as the men started moving to the elevator, me being the last one to hop on.

"What do we do, General?!" Cipher shouted as herself and the others made their way off the elevator and onto the roof

"What do we do, General?!" Cipher shouted as herself and the others made their way off the elevator and onto the roof. "That transport should be here right about now."

"We've got incoming!" Rex yelled as more droids began blasting at them. Rex and Cipher immediately got in front of the others and began shooting at the droids. Cipher took down four droids that had came into close contact with her, Rex, or the others. She didn't realize that the transport had came until she felt a tug on her arm.

"Let's go, Cipher! They're here!" Rex shouted as they both ran out of there and onto the transport. When the doors to the gunship had closed, Cipher began to breathe heavily, her mind in a swirl at the moment as she thought about what Rex had talked to her about and how they were compromised when no one else knew.

At least, that's what she hopes was the case.