"Thanks," I said, grateful that they waited for me.

We were about to walk out of the classroom until I heard Professor Snape's nasally voice call out to me.

"Miss Lovett."

I cursed internally, taking a moment to roll my eyes then turned to the two of them.

"You two go ahead, I'll see you in the Common Room."

"You sure?" Ruby asked.

I nodded, saluted them and walked backwards only to see Snape gesture to the only table that was not empty.

"Sir, that's Draco's table," I said.

"I am very well aware that is Mr. Malfoy's table, however seeing that you are his partner it is your duty to clean up after him too," said Snape, unblinking and bored, his fingers carefully turning the pages of an essay.

I stifled a scoff as I stared at him. Hearing the snickers of other students around me made me flush in embarrassment. "But, Sir—"

He raised an eyebrow, daring me to say more.

I shut my mouth reluctantly and stomped to the table.

All this because that idiot lacks the brain cell to clean after himself. I dared to glare at Snape, thankful that he was too busy grading essays to catch me.

I knew it in my gut that he saw Draco leave earlier than everyone else, but as usual, Snape let him off the hook merely because he was a fellow Slytherin.

I gritted my teeth, keeping down the comments that would surely leave Hufflepuff with no more house points. Or worse, land me in detention. With Umbridge as Headmistress now, I knew I had to avoid her detentions at all costs.

With a flick of my wand, the cauldron was finished, not bothering to spare Snape another glance as I left the empty classroom in a rush.

What I saw outside made the build up of white, hot rage finally explode inside me.

Draco was casually leaning his shoulder against the wall of classroom, hands in his pockets. With his tie loosened up, I resisted the urge to grab it and pull it against his neck.

"Enjoyed the extra work?" he smirked, pushing himself from the wall to block my way.

Breathe, Margo.

I exhaled slowly and walked past him, purposely bumping against his shoulder in spite.

I didn't trust my mouth to speak, knowing that this anger I felt would only get worse if I let it consume me.

It didn't help that he hurried up to block my way again, smiling cruelly as he probably thought about his success.

Merlin, he was like an annoying shadow.

"You left it a mess on purpose," I seethed, brushing past him again and quickening my pace.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said, mocking an offended tone.

Once we were out of hearing range from Snape's classroom and in an empty corridor, it was only then did I stop and glower him down. Or up, since he was almost a head taller.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Draco!" I said angrily. "How hard is it to clean up after yourself? Don't tell me you lack the brain cells for it too!"

Draco's smirk slipped away from his face and was immediately replaced with a sneer, making his features appear almost more snake-like.

"If anyone lacks brain cells, it's you, Lovett. Hanging out with Mudbloods and Blood-Traitors like some cult, it's sure to deprive you of any," he spat, glaring down at me so intensely.