Hiroshi stiffened significantly as I continued, "You both may seem similar, but are very distinct, senpai. Almost contrasting, especially when you both fight together... or stand together against the world."

"What do you mean?" He asked firmly, his voice dropping a few octave. It was very interesting to see how an eleven year old can be so mature and protective of his brother.

"What I mean to say is that not everyone is against you, senpai." I gave him the brightest smile I could manage, "We are with you, standing beside you two. Though, you could only see us if you both ever looked beyond each other."

"...So, you are telling me to leave my brother?"

"I'm telling you nothing, senpai. I'm just suggesting you to, maybe, look beyond the dependency you have on him. After all, you both are two very distinct humans, even if you may have a connection no one else can share or understand."

Hiroshi stared at me with an intense look in his eyes— just like everyone in the manga, these two were also the victim of their time. And the saddest thing was to see it happening in front of my own eyes.

I decided to move on and get some work done; "The soup is done! Let's call Toshi-senpai and Shigeno-sensei and start ea—" I called out, but was interrupted by Hiroshi.

"It's hard to believe you are only four." He offhandedly commented, his demeanour suddenly turning very casual and laid back. It was almost like he found out what he wanted to, and was satisfied with it.

"I'm actually five now." I mumbled out in reply as he poured the soup in the bowls I brought and helped me carry the smoked fishes.

"Wait, your birthday passed? When?"

"A few weeks ago...?"

"And why the hell did you not tell us?!"

"...You didn't ask."

And that was how I received the first smack I ever had in this lifetime.

"Hey, stop fighting! And Hiro, we shouldn't hit girls!"

(~<>~)

All the craziness aside—
(Well, that would be putting almost all of my both lives aside, but oh well.)

My training was going well.
Even though I had outright refused to train to be a demon slayer and to even learn the breath of the snow, I was still shown how they did it and how to perform it. I mean, I have no interest in doing anything with the plot and was planning to leave this temple as soon as I could— but maybe training was indeed needed if I didn't wanted to end up being some demon's snack.

Hitoshi seemed to struggle with the forms a bit, but Hiroshi's forms were smooth and beautiful— but just as dangerous, if not more.

One thing I noticed though, (which kind of disappointed me to no end) is that the techniques didn't unleash any actual elemental attack. It was just an illustration in the manga or anime to make the attacks look cool— and that fucking boiled my blood to no end.

I mean, you bloody mean to tell me that these sword techniques are just fucking slashing of swords and that's it?

"Concentrate, Miyasha!" Shigeno-sensei's voice brought me out of inner musings, making me block his incoming sword with mine. Shigeno Koji was a very dedicated teacher and a damn good observer. And maybe that was how he could teach a daydreamer like me at all.