Not that I hated their curiosity— no; it was just a tad bit at the wrong times. Not to mention they had almost zero social skills to begin with.

"Toshi-senpai..." I sighed as he turned to me with a genuine look of confusion, "We don't ask if someone had sex so directly or publicly..."

"But why not?" He asked, "I mean, are we not made by that? You were the one who said it was a very natural thing like eating or sleeping!"

I sighed again, shaking my head at his innocent question. "Sex is a very... private thing. Just like how you don't let anyone touch you there. It's a very private thing and that's why people feel very shy and flustered to talk about it."

"Oh..."

"And remember what I said the number one rule about it?"

"To always ask for consent!"

"Good. You should ask for 'consent' when you ask someone about it too. Also, try avoiding to talk about it to anyone who is not close to you, got it?"

"Yep!"

It took me quite a bit time to adjust properly into my life into the temple— but as soon as I did, I actually noticed how messy it was.

And how much these three males needed a mother. Including Shigeno-sensei, sometimes.

(~<>~)

"How do you know I'm not Hitoshi, Miya-chan?" Hiroshi asked suddenly one day while helping me in the kitchen.

"Because you are not him...?" I answered uncertainly, a bit taken aback by his question.

Hiroshi was always somewhat weary of me, for some reason. That was why it was very surprising for me when he offered to help me in the kitchen instead of Shigeno-sensei, who was out in the village for his usual petrol.

The reason why the nearby village did not had any children or was so isolated, (that I finally found out from Hitoshi) was due to the abnormal number of marechi being born there - in fact, half of the villagers had that specific blood type, causing them to be one of the favoured food by demons. Which was as horrifying as it sounded. This was the reason why the children in the village, as soon as they were born, were sent to a temple near the wisteria garden and were educated and taught there till they were adults. And that was why Shigeno-sensei went on patrolling around the village at odd times to keep an eye on the villagers— because even though everyone had a bag of wisteria, he didn't wanted to take any chances.

"What I meant was, how do you know it's me, not my brother? How do you know who is who, even when we don't tell you...?" Hiroshi stared directly into my eyes, sincerity and somehow a slight desperation slipping into his bluish-green eyes.

"You... both are similar," I started carefully, diverting my eyes towards the soup cooking in front of us. "But similar is not equivalent to being same. You both have some distinct features too, like how you are quieter and more observant than Toshi-senpai, and how you always prefer to stay in rather than going outside... And your eyes are different as well."

"My eyes...?" He blinked in surprise, "My eyes and Hito's eyes are same in colour...?"

"Not really," I bit back a smile as he looked at me with genuine interest. This was almost the first time he ever let his guard down; even if not much. "Your eyes are greener than Toshi-senpai's... And more open too."

"...open?"

"Hai, open." I stirred the soup over, checking if the vegetables were not left uncooked, "Your eyes talk more than you do, Hiro-senpai. But Toshi-senpai's eyes are more on the bluish side and seems colder than yours... maybe because he 'talks' more than you do."