Chapter 11

Starry night

I still had a few extra uniforms at my house and I figured I'd return them to Cheryl during the Vixen's practice. Although I was done with Cheryl, I didn't want any bad blood with her. She still helped me grow as a person, although she did me wrong I still wish her best. I wish she'd grow out of that mean girl stereotype and become the kind girl I know she is.

But looking throughout the gym, I couldn't seem to find her. I saw a lot of my old friends stretching or practicing dances, but I couldn't spot Cheryl's distinctive HBIC shirt. But I did see someone staring at me across the room, Betty Cooper, she looked like she was contemplating talking to me. After we make eye contact, she instantly got the courage to come up to me.

"Can we talk outside?" She glares at me. I simply nod and follow her out into the silent hallway.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about this for a while now..." she suddenly got quiet and her face grew softer. I knew Cheryl always made it a point to remind me about how Betty's family was full of crazy but I guess I never really noticed until now. Her mood instantly changed when we stepped out into the hallway. She went from raging bitch instantly to the sweet and kind persona she put up.

"It's about Jughead. I know you two been messing around and I think that's nice and all. Although, I don't think you should be playing him as you are... it isn't right." She continues.

"Honey, you don't know anything about Jughead and me." I simply say and cross my arms. 

"I just think that you should give him to someone who genuinely likes him. You see, I've liked him ever since we started the register together. I was just hoping... maybe you could back off." She says.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not coming off him for some bipolar freak like you. Cut the act Betty, stop playing the nice girl just to get what you want. Know your place. It's disrespectful to try to sabotage someone else's relationship." I glare at her.

"I'm not sabotaging, I genuinely believe you're playing him

"I'm not sabotaging, I genuinely believe you're playing him. That's why you're sneaking around and hiding. I saw you guys at the school that morning last week. Sleeping together in the janitor's closet?" She steps closer.

"Whatever psycho stalker, return these to Cheryl for me. Would you?" I shoved the uniforms into her chest and blew her a kiss before I walked away.