Chapter- 15

Depuis le début

Aadit: Manik, its not my mistake we never took ineligible doctors in our hospital.

Manik: Ineligible or eligible. I don't care. My wife needs to get done with her delivery.

Doctor: But, Manik, she needs to wait more. Crowning hasn't happened yet.

Manik (freaked out): Are you kidding me? She needs to wait? For what? To faint out of pain? She's in pain for more than an hour now and you want her to wait? And..what the hell is crowning?

Doctor: Er..it means, we need to get to see the baby's head which didn't appear yet.

She spoke while staying closer to Nandini.

Manik: Then, bring him out. Do something and bring our baby out. I don't care what you do.

Doctor: That's impossible, Manik. If you want me to do something sort of that, then operation is the only solution which Nandini never opted for her own patients.

She turned to Nandini who was crying silently with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes and then stared at Manik, who was about to pounce on the doctor again. She held his hand making him to look at her.

Nandini: We will wait.

Manik: What? Lilliput, t..

Nandini: She's right, Grumpy coffee!

He sighed and nodded and then turned to Aadit.

Manik (glared): You get my wife female doctors and I'll get your hospital safe without getting burnt into ashes.

Aadit sighed in a dilemma.

Aadit: Mrs. Rathore. You will be the only doctor doing this delivery along with nurses.

Doctor: I can do that. But, I always took help from junior doctors too as more than the nurses, doctors are capable to do it. Nandini used to assist me in most of the deliveries.

Aadit (irritated): Nandini herself is the patient and she doesn't want any male doctor to assist you. The other female doctor is holidaying outside India. How am I supposed to get you a qualified doctor in an hour or two?

Mrs. Rathore sighed. She was the senior most doctor of Healthy Life but she always took help of junior doctors so that there can't be any hurdles while doing delivery. Nandini too followed her path that she too has an assistant doctor whenever she's doing someone's delivery.

Nandini: Auntie! Please!

Nandini pleaded to Mrs. Rathore who nodded at her reluctantly.

Doctor: Fine. Mr. Sharma, please leave.

Aadit nodded and left while heaving a sigh of relief.

Doctor: Close the delivery room door and I want only female nurses inside the room.

This forced the male doctor who was going to assist Mrs. Rathore and the male nurses to leave the delivery room with the door being closed behind.

Doctor: Nurses, you should know how and when I need your help. Nandini, its time for you to push. You will have to push hard until I see the baby's head, and once his head is seen, you will have to apply very less pressure. I know you know everything but experience was absent till now, right.

Nandini nodded and Manik tightened his hold on her. She started to push but it just increased her scream making Manik to look at her wide-eyed.