Ch 4

Emir was walking in his dimly lit chambers, he was fuming. It was the first time in his life when somebody had not taken his orders. He was angry at Chaska. He had expected her to get a little violent but not this stupid. He had never expected this kind of desperation and upheaval from her.
" KATHIKA, why she's not here till now."he yelled banging his fist on an oak table. Kathika flinched from his behaviour. He needs to calm down otherwise he could end up appearing like a short fuse .
All of sudden they heard small tinkling sounds. They turned around to see Chaska standing at door. Her beautiful eyes were red and puffy. She was still sniffling, her condition somehow sparked a feeling of guilt in Emir heart. His heart ached at the sight of his sister crying. But he was determined to talk to her about all that happened.
" It wasn't expected from you Chaska. How could you do it, do you even have a little idea about the ruckus you just created." He shouted maniacally at her. His booming voice was echoing in the chambers.
Naturally Chaska buried her head in Kathika's chest, she had already prepared herself for harsh scoldings but now she was again chicken.
" Did you heard me? I asked you something, Chaska." He shouted again.
" Emir!" Shouted Kathika. Her head was spinning continuously. He had spoiled everything, she had already told him to talk sweetly with Chaska but he just made it worse.
" Shut up! Don't say a single bloody word, this is not howto talk to your younger sister." Kathika Blurred out angrily. Her anger wasn't any better than Emir's.
" Kathika, you just saw what kind of racket she created in the palace, now it will spread like wildfire, what do you think public would say now that the Great King Emir of seven mountains is going helpless over a proposal ." Emir is was yelling at the top of his lungs.
" Chaska, go back to your chambers, I need to discuss something important with your brother." Said Kathika in a raging voice. Her body turned stone cold. Chaska just looked at them and ran away, it was better to stay safe rather than being scolded again.
" Kathika, how could you still support her............"
" Shut up Emir, just get quiet for a moment." Said Kathika breathlessly.
" Do you even have any idea what you did to your sister. At first she's already afraid of you, than you scolded her, you didn't explained things clearly to her and she had already suffered a terrible fate from........"
" terrible fate from whom!' Asked Emir cutting Kathika. She went quiet , if Emir got to know about what happened he would wreck the whole castle.
" Are you gonna answer me or not." He said again , more desperate than angry.
" Kathika, since when did you started to hide things from me ." He said with a certain pain in his voice that Kathika has never noticed before. He was really worried after all.
" Emir you need to calm down, I am going to explain everything clearly." Said Kathika softly before pushing him down on the bed.
.............................................
Chaska roamed the lonely corridors, her cheeks tear strained. For the first time in her life she felt as if she wasn't important anyone. Her brother who was the only person she had in her family wanted to hand her to some pervert. Chaska was a princess she always knew that she might have to sacrifice herself for her people and she never had a problem with that. It was like an honour for her but being handed over to a pervert who wanted her for nothing but his sick pleasures wasn't something she ever expected.
Emir was always strict with her, he scolded her for small mistakes but he never made her felt as if she was unwanted. Now she had started to question her fate , she felt unsure if he really cared for her or not.
All of sudden... she heard a shuffling, it was coming from behind. Chaska turned back went to peek into darkness but before she could say something a strong hand caught her wrist. With a quick swish she was turned around.

" Neville!" Whispered Chaska in a hush voice. The only light coming there was coming through the small candle he held in his other hand.
" I am sorry princess....I must have startled you." He said .
" No, you are not at fault anyhow, almost everything around is keen on puzzling me nowadays." Said Chaska sadly, her low voice nearly broke Nevill's heart, he had never seen her this sad and gloomy. Her eyes were still glossy.
" Princess, can I walk you to your chambers?" He Asked softly.
" Only if you allow me." He added at her questionable expression.
" Chaska smiled at him, she moved her hand into his .
" Yes of course, at least I am important to you." Saying this she moved ahead with him. Why couldn't Emir get her married to a sweet but strong guy like him.
Reaching at her bedroom he payed her his goodnight . Chaska was once again greeted by darkness. Sighing at her thoughts she moved towards her bed but before she could let the sleep overtake her , she found an old book lying at the front of her.
"THE. SEALED. KINGDOM" said the cover.
.............................................................,....