sleazy pick-up line

Start bij het begin

His reply was almost instantaneous.

Christina

Do you have a minute now? Then we can discuss it in my office.

Greene

We were so formal. I stood and knocked on the door to Trisha's office.

She looked at me.

"I'll be five minutes," I said.

She nodded. "You're staying late," she stated.

I shut the door and went to the elevators.

The one left of me opened as I arrived.

I stepped into it, pushed the top floor and leaned back against the wall.

The receptionist, I'd learned her name was Sasha, looked up when I arrived.

She smiled. "You know the way." She said.

"Thanks," I replied. I went through the hall, open offices on both sides, and to his office. I knocked on his door and waited.

"Come in," he muttered.

I pushed the door open and entered his office.

He looked away from what he was doing on his laptop.

I shut the door behind me and went to his desk. I remained standing and looked at him.

"I know I said it was the last time, and if you don't want to go again, then last time was the last time." He said. "But I like having you there."

"I can't feel that," I said simply.

His eyebrows dived down and cast his blue eyes in shadows. I let my gaze wander to his clothes. Black suit, no tie, and the top button were open.

"Do you want to act my date?" he asked curtly.

"Date?" I asked.

He averted his gaze from the screen and looked at me. "My date, as you've acted my date the past three times."

"I guess I can," I said and sat down in one of the two comfortable chairs in front of his desk. "When is it?"

"It's staring at eight," he said. "I'll find..." he stopped himself. "I can find some clothes for you."

I smiled. "Okay," I acquiesced. "But I have to work Thursday and I don't work well on little or no sleep."

"I have a flat on Manhattan, we'll sleep there," he said and turned his attention back to his laptop.

I remained seated. "We sleep there?" I asked.

He tore his gaze from the screen and looked at me. "We can sleep there," he snapped at me.

"I only thought you lived in Jersey?"

He shook his head ever so slightly. "I primarily live on Manhattan, but I don't like letting everyone into my personal sphere."