Announcement

It was Thursday morning (the next day) and the squad had just been announced. It was 9am so Layla had just arrived in first lesson but could not contain her excitement. She got the notification through from the lionesses. She sat at the back of the class so it was easier for her to check her phone.

Squad list for February camp:

Georgia stanway
Keira Walsh
Steph houghton
Toni duggan
Alex greenwood
Leah Williamson
Jordan nobbs
Layla Williams
Ellen white
Jill Scott
Beth mead
Nikita Parris
Lucy bronze
Ellie roebuck

(And it goes on 😉)

Layla couldn't understand and comprehend her name being in the list. She would check this list every camp and admire the seniors that were getting called up and never thought her day would come this quick!

"Layla are you on a phone?"

"Miss you don't understand, everyone check the lionesses insta or twitter page" lays responds with a massive grin

"Layla what is it?"

"Don't get mad miss it's fine. I've been called up for the england squad" Layla said with a massive grin on her face. All her friends were jumping and congratulating her and they all were screaming.

"Well done Layla that's an amazing achievement but for now let's get back to work" Layla was annoyed at having to get back to work as she was so high on adrenaline. The day felt so slow until she was able to go home. Her phone was flooded with messages from the girls and she couldn't believe she was getting messages from her idols. When she got home her parents had bought her new boots for the camp that was taking place tomorrow. That night they celebrated with Layla's siblings and Layla couldn't stop smiling.

She lay on her bed and looked at her clock it just turned 9 and she was thought she better get some sleep as it was an early morning the next day. Tears starting falling from her eyes as her tummy twisted.
'What if she wasn't ready?what if she was too young and this is too big of a step for her?' Thoughts circles her mind before her mind put her at ease and she fell asleep.

*****
Sorry this is a short chapter 👍