Chapter Seven: UA Sports Festival #1

Start from the beginning

I knit my brows at him, taking a step in my friend's direction. "Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively-" I say, waving my hands a bit.

"But everyone-" Midoriya spits out, "-even the students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got!" My mind goes to Hitoshi. He's eager to take somebody's spot here. He's made that very clear.

"I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too." Midoriya tells Todoroki, who acknowledges it with a simple 'yeah'. I sigh out, relaxing my shoulders.

Soon, we make our way out to the field. I'm walking beside Mina and Jirou. "That was... intense." I say, rubbing my neck. Mina nods her head and holds a fist. "It so was! I didn't think they'd start such a rivalry so early in the game..." She tells us.

Jirou adds on, "Well, Todoroki is a great fighter. He's good with his ice quirk too."

A voice calls out to us over the speakers, a very loud one, "It's time for the students to enter the First year stage!" That's our cue.

I step forward beside Mina, holding up my head proudly. When the light hits my eyes, I see the fireworks going off above us. I chuckle, "That's a lot of people..." Mina smiles at me warmly and says, "Don't be scared! We've got this!"

As we listened to Present Mic's voice, Kirishim behind me speaks, "Man, he's going overboard with that praise! I'm getting nervous! Aren't you, Bakugou?" The ash-blonde next to me smirks to himself. He retorts, "No, I'm just getting more into it." I roll my eyes, standing in place as we all gather up to the stage.

Midnight holds up her weapon in front of the microphone. A whip? "Time for the Player Pledge!" She calls, looking down at us students. I feel my face burn slightly.

Kirishima mumbles, "What is Ms Midnight wearing?" I look up to see his and Kaminari's face also blushing. The latter says, "That's an R-Rated Hero for you." Tokoyami next to Kaminari then asks, "Is it even okay for her to be at a high school even though she's R-Rated?" I hum back to him, "I don't know..."

Midnight strikes her whip in the air. "Quiet, everyone! Representing the students is Bakugou Katsuki from Class 1-A!" I widen my eyes as the said boy steps onto the pedestal. He holds a normal face, hands in his pockets as he faces the microphone.

"What? It's Kacchan?" Midoriya mumbles out. Sero replies, "That guy did finish first in the Entrance Exam." We hear a long sigh, making us turn to see a light brown-haired girl with crossed arms grunt, "In the Hero Course."

"R-Right..." Midoriya mumbles.

In front of that girl is Hitoshi. He's paying no mind to us. His eyes are on Midnight, who is obviously catching the hearts of many onlookers at the moment. I have no idea where we stand at the moment. I'm hoping his turn this way and give me that smile he usually does when we lock eyes.

We all wait in anticipation as Bakugou goes to speak. "I can't believe they chose Bakugou." I laugh a little to get my mind off my friend. Mina whispers back to me, "Hopefully he'll make a good impression, since Pro's are scouting here."

Tsu then says, "Not to mention, right now he's the face of Class 1-A and all of thr First Years here at UA."

He's representing all of us, so he better not mess this up.

"I pledge-" He starts, looking bored already, "-That I'll be number one."

"I KNEW HE'D DO THAT!" Our class shouts.

I face-palm, pinching the bridge of my nose before growling out, hearing other students 'boo' at Bakugou, "He's painting a target on not only his back, but ours too!"