Chapter Sixty-Six

Alex's POV
"Explain?" Clint asked. Wow. I just realized how long it's since I heard his voice like that. Regular. The other times I had heard his voice was just sad. "Yes, explain. Why Alex is over here crying her eyes out and not over there!" Nat yelled. I looked down as I felt Clint look at me. Clint didn't say anything. "Well?" Tony asked. Clint still didn't say anything. I got up and walked to find Carmen. I passed Bucky? He was here? When did he get here? Probably Steve. Yeah.I'm gonna go with Steve. I didn't look at him, but i could feel his eyes burning into my head. I saw Carmen and picked her up. "Momma!" She squealed holding onto my neck. "Hey baby. You have fun?" I asked. "Yeah! I made a dino with Jamey!" She said. I looked down and saw the picture they colored. "Thats very good." I said bending down. "You wanna go see your Dad?" I asked James. He nodded. I picked him up and walked to find Steve since Nat was most likely still interrogating Clint. "Uncle Bucky!" James squealed. I stopped and turned my head to the side. "Natasha?" He asked seeing me. "Guess again." I said. "Alex?" He asked. I nodded. "Hi." I said as James wiggled over to Bucky. Bucky took him. "Hey James! How's it goin'?" He asked. James shrugged. "Good." He said. Bucky laughed. "Since you seem fine I'll leave you two." I said. "Be good." I said looking at James. He nodded his head vigorously. I smiled and walked back down. "Did you give Daddy the ring back he wanted?" Carmen asked innocently as we passed Tony, Nat, and Clint. "Yeah baby." I said. She smiled at me. I smiled back. "You hungry?" I asked. She shook her head. "Why not?" I asked. "I ate my waffle." She said. I nodded. "Okay." I said. "What do you wanna do?" I asked setting her down on the counter. "I don't know." She said shrugging. I laughed a little. Carmen yawned. "You tired?" I asked. She nodded. I picked her up as she laid her head on my shoulder and drifted off. I walked out of the kitchen and saw Nat, Tony, and Clint still there. "Alex." Nat said. I looked over. "What?" I asked. She motioned me over. I walked over, next to them. "What is it?" I asked. "You wanna tell us what exactly happened? Because I'm confused." Nat said. "I've been confused since we started." Tony said. Nat face palmed. "When?" I asked. "Earlier today." Nat said. I sat down and laid Carmen across my lap. "I woke up and was going to walk out of the room. I opened the door and he was right there. Uh he said we needed to talk. So I walked down the hall with Carmen because she was hungry. Then he started talking about joint custody and I uh told him that we would talk about it later." I said. I looked at them all and Clint sent me a dirty look. I just looked down. Did it ever mean anything to him? Our relationship? The engagement? Our child? I don't even know. "Okay. So from what I've gathered. Clint, Alex never cheated. How would she cheat? She was on a mission. And Clint thought you wanted to break up or whatever it is when you take back the ring or whatever." Nat said. I looked at Clint who looked back at me with sorry eyes. "I need to put Carmen to bed." I said getting up. They stayed quiet as I went over to Carmens room. I walked down the hall and stopped at her door before opening it. I laid her down and kissed her forehead before turning off the lights and shutting the door quietly. "What now? Wanna talk divorce papers?" I asked sarcastically. "No." He scoffed. "Then what? Because I feel like sleeping." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Look, I-." He cut himself off and sighed. "What? You think we should break up?" I asked. "No!" He said. "Then don't go accusing me of things I didn't do." I said as we arrived outside the room. "I'm not!" Clint said. "Yeah sure." I scoffed. "Would you please let me explain?!" He asked. "Fine. Go." I said. "I never meant for it to get this far. It was-oh you're gonna be so mad at me. It was-." I cut him off. "It was a f**king prank wasn't it?" I asked. He just looked at me. I opened the room door. "Just-I-I've gotta get to bed." I said, my eyes welling up with tears. He saw my eyes and his widened. "Night." I said softly. "A-." I cut him off by closing the door. I closed it and tears started streaming down my face. I changed into a black tank top and shorts before getting under the blankets. I sniffled and cried myself to sleep.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The next morning when I woke up it was 8:30. I got up, did my morning routine, and changed into a black silky shirt, jeans, and my white high tops. I did my hair in a French braid. I might dye it. I don't know. I opened the door and  saw Clint standing there. "Alex." He said. I ignored him and tried to move around him. He wouldn't let me though. He grabbed my arm loosely and pulled me in the room, closing the door. "What?" I asked. I was hurt. "Look, I know I hurt you. And it was stupid of me. I'm sorry." He said. I looked at him with hurt-filled eyes. "It really was." I said. He sighed. "Why?" I asked. "What?" He asked. "Why? Why'd you do it?" I asked. He sighed. "I don't know. I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking of how much it would hurt you. And how much it would hurt me to see you hurt." He said. I looked down. "You didn't." I said. "But I know that I can't live without you. If I lost you again I don't know what I would do. You complete me, Alex. And so does Carmen." He said. I looked at him. "You complete me too." I said. He pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands found my waist. We leaned in and kissed. Fireworks exploded. Like all those other times. We pulled apart and rested out foreheads on each other. "I love you." Clint said. "I love you too." I whispered. He smiled at me. I chuckled and shook my head. "But don't do that again. Because next time, it won't be that easy Barton." I said. He paled considerably. "Easy?! You call that easy?! That was hard!" He said. I laughed. "Exactly." I said. He shook his head and put his arm around my neck. "Wanna spar?" He asked. I shrugged and nodded. "Sure." I said. We walked into the training room and Nat and Steve were sparring in the ring. Nat wasn't even sweating. Steve was taking deep breaths though. "Beat his a**, Nat!" I yelled. Clint laughed. She looked over and smirked at me and Clint. Steve huffed. He looked over and that gave Nat the chance to kick his foot and roundhouse kicked him to the ground. Steve groaned. Nat chuckled and helped him up. "That wasn't fair." Steve said. "Don't ever look away from your opponent Rogers." I said. He scoffed. "I'm not sparring with you." I said not looking up from tying my hands up. "Scared?" He taunted. "No. I know I'll beat you, and I'm sparring with Clint." I said. "Where's-." Steve started but was cut off by Clint saying, "Caw Caw! I'm a bird mother f**ker!" From behind Steve. Steve screamed. I shook my head laughing. Nat laughed. "Gets me every time." Nat said. I laughed at that. "Haha! B*tch! Got you!" Clint said laughing from behind Steve. "Come on bird. Let's go." I said pulling Clint to the ring. "Go easy on me." Clint said. I smirked. "I guess." I said sighing over dramatically. He made the first move by lunging at me. I went behind him and tackled him by pinning his arm behind his back and putting pressure on his legs. "Ow! Okay, okay! You win." Clint grumbled. I got off him and helped him up. "I've always had faith in you." Steve said as we walked down the ring. "Whatever Rogers." I said rolling my eyes.
A/N
I might make the sequel name like Wakanda Forever or something because im stupid and cheesy.
Love,
The Snow Owl🤍
P.S.
Try not to get Corona. Wash your hands. Nobody wants Covid or Corona or whatever you wanna call it.