"Where'd Cassidy go?" Alex asked me, his eyebrows pulling together as he looked around.

I shrugged. "I don't know. She said for me to wait with you guys and that she was going to get a drink but she never came back," I answered.

Alex nodded before letting out a sigh and shrugging. "It's fine. I'm sure we'll find her by the end of the night."

"If we can," I said, motioning around to the probably thousands of people nearby.

"Oh trust me, she'll find a way," Destiny said before chuckling with Alex.

I didn't get what they meant but I let it go. After all, that's what I get for not being in Miami for seven years. Not to mention that I didn't need to know; tonight I didn't necessarily care about anything. I just wanted to have a good time like everyone else seemed to be doing.

Destiny's phone rang and she frowned, looking at the caller ID. "It's Cass," she said. "Cass never calls anyone at a party, whether they're here or not."

"Well, answer it!" Alex said in a duh! tone. Destiny narrowed her eyes at him before answering the phone and pressing it to her ear.

"Hello? Cass? Where are you? Wait, what? Yeah, she's here," Destiny said, stealing a glance at me. "Yeah, okay. Hold on a sec."

Pulling the phone away from her ear, Destiny handed it to me. "She wants to talk to you."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I pulled the phone to me. "Cass?"

"Evie! Why didn't you answer your phone?!" she yelled at me.

"Well, because one, I have no where to put it, and two, you guys yelled at me back at the house, telling me that there was no need for me to bring it," I answered.

I could see Cassidy thinking it over in her head before frowning and admitting I was right.

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry."

"It's fine," I told her. "Anyways, what did you need to tell me?" I asked her.

Her voice changed, going from apologetic to frantic. "I need you to meet me upstairs, second floor. Third door on the right. And hurry!"

That's all she said before hanging up on me, leaving me no choice but to go.

"What'd she say?" Destiny asked as I handed her back her phone.

"She needs me to meet her upstairs," I told them.

I saw Destiny and Alex begin to follow me but stopped them. "It's okay. You guys can go back and party."

"No. You don't know any of these people and I need to protect you," Alex said.

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

Suddenly, his eyes went wide as he looked behind me. "Oh shit!"

I turned to see Shane walking towards us, just the way he had been last week; drunk.

"Evie, get behind me," Alex said.

I was about to say to Alex that Shane won't hurt me before remembering that it doesn't take physical pain to cause someone hurt. I slowly walked behind Alex where Destiny gripped my shoulders.

"Why did you bring her here?" he yelled at Alex, referring to me.

"Because it's a party and she was invited," Alex simply answered.

Shane narrowed his eyes at Alex. "She shouldn't be here, Alex."

"Why? Because you're afraid that she might find out?"