Arc VI (3) - Present Time

Start from the beginning

"I dozed off", Jennie says simply. Her gaze looks for Lisa's frantically, glinting under the pale light of the moon, "You were talking and I was so tired, I had been working the whole day, and I dozed off".

Lisa stares at the shortest girl with her lips parted and her eyebrows furrowed.

"But... but you answered me! I said your name and you answered".

"I woke up when you said my name. I didn't want to tell you that I fell asleep because I was so busy all the time that week, and I kept turning down all your invitations, and the day we finally got together and you told me something important, I fell asleep through it. I felt terribly, so I played it off. I didn't know... Lisa, I swear I didn't know..."

Her voice carries off, and, in a powerful hit, she suddenly understands all the pain locked in Lisa's eyes. It must have been awful.

They are both tanged in a turmoil of emotions as they look at each other silently, each piece finally falling in its perfect place, in a puzzle that leaves them both absolutely stunned.

When Lisa is able to grasp most of the picture, she begins to cry again.

"Fuck!", she says and she covers her face with her hands.

She fucked up, not once, but twice. She had her second change. She could have preserved the relationship she built with the shortest girl. But now...

Jennie snaps out of her shock when she hears the tallest girl cry. She frowns, feeling absolutely moved, and, with utmost care, she takes Lisa's hands away from her face and replaces them with her own palms.

The tallest brunette can only stare at her with a regretful expression.

"Hey", Jennie whispers, "Hey, baby, don't cry. Please".

Lisa sniffs.

"I'm sorry, Jen. I'm sorry".

The shortest girl's expression changes. Her eyes grow darker, more determined, as she finally lets her feelings take over completely.

"I'm not", she says then, and Lisa looks at her surprised.

"What-?"

"Fuck, Lisa, I'm so in love with you that it burns".

The tallest girl's eyes open in sheer surprise.

She looks so stunning, Jennie can't help but to think, the moonlight reflected in doe, coffee eyes, making the curve of her nose stand proudly, her plump lips shinning as they part.

She feels untied, now that her the tug of her emotions decides what to do. So Jennie tiptoes slightly, and angles Lisa's head downwards as gently as she can.

The tallest girl doesn't offer resistance. She seems absolutely charmed.

When their lips are an inch apart, Jennie waits, taking a deep breath.

"Can I kiss you, please?", she asks shakily.

Lisa's heart doesn't allow her to overthink.

"Yes", she answers, already intoxicated by the delight of Jennie's perfume, "yes", she repeats, and they don't wait for another moment.

Their lips seal in a heated kiss. They have no time to take it slow, really, too willing to catch on with their unlocked aching, an uncontrollable warmth spreading through her bodies as they try to recover their stolen breaths between spare pauses. Jennie tries to manage the rhythm at the beginning, constantly looking for angles that would make her toes curl even more, but it all changes when one of Lisa's hand sneaks around her waist and the other one tangles with her long, chocolate hair. Completely delighted, the shortest brunette has no other choice than to melt against Lisa, her arms thrown on her shoulders with abandon.