Arc VI (2) - Present Time

"I... don't know what's going on, really", Chaeyoung murmurs.

Jisoo nods, equally stunned, sitting on the grass under the endless mattress of stars shinning above.

The blonde is sitting as well, her arms crossed against her chest.

They stay in silence for a while, but the tallest angel breaks it by buffing loudly.

"It just feels as if we haven't learnt anything, after all this time..."

She feels her eyes tearing up out of pure frustration, but she gets distracted as soft fingers start to caress her thigh in an innocent, comforting manner.

"I've learnt something", Jisoo murmurs.

Chaeyoung lets her shoulders relax, and stares at her with fondness.

"Yeah?"

The brunette smiles softly.

"I've learnt that they are truly bounded beyond human limits. I trust in their love. We just need them to find it out".

Chaeyoung grins, too, and lets her own hand search for Jisoo's, truly moved.

"I trust them, too. And you. I trust you".

Jisoo bites the inside of her cheek to bite off a smile but brings their hands up to leave a soft kiss on the blonde's wrist.

"Thank you", she whispers.

They keep looking at each other for a moment, melting gazes burning slowly. Chaeyoung scoots closer instinctively, and Jisoo lets her cuddle against her body instinctively, too.

"Honestly, this is one of the best conditions their souls have found themselves in. There is no husband, no unavoidable responsibility, no signs of upcoming wars... this might be it. We just need them to talk to each other".

The blonde sighs.

"But we've tried..."

Jisoo hums lowly. Chaeyoung decides that she wants to hear the sound better, so she lets her head press against her teammate's chest. In return, the brunette starts to caress her golden locks.

"I know, but we need to try harder. Maybe being a bit less subtle..."

The blonde takes a deep breath, silently appreciating the shortest angel's scent.

"Yes", she mumbles, "you are right".

Jisoo grins at the muffled sound.

The colors of the sky shift slowly, deep black melting with shades of blue in the horizon.

"Chae, can I ask you something?"

Half asleep, the blonde lets a soft sound escape from her pouted mouth.

"Did you pray for me after I told you the truth?"

There is a beat of silence, and Jisoo waits patiently.

"Yes", the blonde finally lets out, "You deserved it".

The brunette closes her eyes. A warm, overpowering feeling fills her chest wonderfully. Her heartbeat picks up, and hot tears start to fall from between her eyelashes.

Chaeyoung leans back at Jisoo's silence. When realizes that her teammate crying, the blonde holds her small face between her hands.

"What's wrong?", she murmurs.

"Nothing is wrong, Chae", Jisoo answers, then, "you make me happy".

The blonde smiles widely, teeth in display, and she begins to shed tears as well.