Arc VI (1) - Present Time

Mulai dari awal

Chaeyoung stops suddenly, just some inches apart from the shortest angel's body, and she needs a moment to breathe.

Meanwhile, Jisoo keeps staring at her in a mixture of tenderness and disbelief. She's there. She's truly there.

When the blonde looks back at her, her expression is shaded by worry.

"Jisoo, I'm so sorry, I-"

But Jisoo can't wait another second.

"Can I hug you, please?", she asks.

Chaeyoung exhales heavily before wrapping her arms around the brunette, tears still staining her cheeks.

"Jisoo, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry".

The brunette frowns, but she doesn't pull away.

"I'm the one who is sorry".

"No", Chaeyoung leans back, letting her hands cup Jisoo's cheeks with absolute care, "I should have supported you, even..."

Jisoo puts her hands on top of the blonde's. She looks at her with a sad smile tugging her lips.

"No, Chae. It's okay", the tallest angel opens her mouth, but the brunette speaks again, "I just... do you want to move on?"

The blonde looks at her in slight confusion, and Jisoo blushes as a giggle tickles in her throat.

"I mean... I feel that we will keep apologizing and I just... I just want to be with you".

The heat in her cheeks intensifies, and Chaeyoung can only look at her with surprised delight.

She smiles, unable to stop herself, and feels uncharacteristically shy as well.

"Yes", she musters, finally, "I want to be with you, too".

Jisoo looks at the floor with a barely contained grin.

"Cool", she says, and waits a second to gather the strength to look at Chaeyoung again.

The blonde stares back, still smiling, her eyes dripping a fondness that Jisoo is pretty sure she has never seen aimed towards her. She feels as the tallest girl cups her cheeks again, and she lets her own hands fall on Chaeyoung's waist. When the blonde doesn't pull away, Jisoo squeezes lightly. The gesture earns her an angelic giggle.

"It tickles, Soo", Chaeyoung complains, and the brunette is about to tease her further when her eyes catch a well-known human figure walking directly towards her.

Jisoo's face falls, and the blonde turns around with a frown and a question on the tip of her tongue.

A tall brunette sporting jet-black hair and soft features marches with her head low between a sea of people. Her Vans tap quickly against the grass as she keeps her gaze fixed on the floor, her body language a screaming sorrow.

She passes rapidly besides the shocked angels, being of course completely unaware of their presence. Once that her lean figure becomes smaller, Jisoo snaps out of her stupor.

"Is she...?"

"Lisa", Chaeyoung states without doubt.

Jisoo snorts.

"You'd think they could come up with subtler names".

The blonde giggles, noticing that her hands have moved to rest on Jisoo's shoulders. She doesn't pull away.

"It doesn't matter. They are the last humans".

The brunette nods, her gaze burning in the tallest angel's chocolate eyes.