Bliss

Sera

5 years ago, almost half a year after Sera's mother's death...

Music pulsates, bodies sway, and the room spins in a dizzying kaleidoscope of flashing lights and spinning bodies. Pieces of conversation from the two men dragging me out the back of the club reach my ears as my head lolls on my shoulders.

"Did she take it all?"

"...in her drink...while she danced...yea the friend helped me..." I hear loud banging as the back door is pushed open and I am taken into a dark alley. My stomach lurches and I stumble forward as I vomit against the brick wall of the building. A hand presses my face into the wall and my face explodes as it meets the concrete wall. Something sharp is pressed up against my throat and I feel it as a small trickle of blood escapes from where it has cut into my skin. A scream bubbles in my throat but doesn't escape as a voice hisses in my ear.

"You're coming with us..."

"What the fuck! Who are you? Get off of..." Something slams against the person with the knife and a scream that isn't mine echoes through the night as he is sent flying into a trash can behind me.

Before my nightmare continues warmth surrounds my body and a deep soothing voice sings in a language I have never heard and I fall into a dream where I am surrounded by small warm balls of light as a voice from a lost memory speaks in the same lilting language of the song.

I feel the warmth of another as I open my eyes and see a tawny chest in front of me. I look up in Simeon's face as a soft snore leaves him. Simeon has taken his hair and tied it behind his head and I can see the clean line of his throat. He is lying on top of the covers, his arm keeping him half propped up like he hadn't meant to fall asleep. My gaze slides down his chest and my whole body heats up, this time I can't blame it on a fever for the heat running through my body. The urge to run my hands down his side to his hip has me biting my lip. When I look back up Simeon's eyes are open, and he catches me checking him out. His eyes are heated as a smile plays across his face.

"I am guessing you feel better, or is that heat I feel from your body a fever?" By the look on his face he clearly knows that it isn't a fever heating me up. He places a hand on my forehead before softly running his fingers down the side of my face.

"Do you want to continue our conversation from last night?" I have one of those moments in my life where I just say oh fuck it and lock my mouth on Simeon's. He makes an extremely pleased noise in his throat before his fingers twine in my hair. Electric tingles spread through my body as my tongue dances with his and I hum at the sweet and spicy taste of him.

"Mmm...Simeon..." I sigh his name and his body jolts before he presses me into the bed further. My arms wrap around him to rub my hands down his naked spine. He only has on some loose pajama pants on and I am enjoying being able to feel the warmth of his skin under my hands. His body is hot, lean muscle shifting under my fingertips and I have an urge to place my hands over the swell of his ass. But I don't...you know control and all.

"Sera, I love you." My breathing stops.

"Simeon...I..."

Simeon

I place a finger against her kiss swollen lips. All I want to do is push her up against the bed and sink inside her. I know I shouldn't rush her, but knowing I shouldn't and not doing it were two different things.

"Take your time Sera. I don't want to rush you, but you need to know how I feel. How I've always felt." I place another kiss on her lips, relishing in the feel of her against me. Her hands trailing along my back has my body going hard and I am glad there is still the barrier of the blanket between us. The alarm goes off above our heads and we both freeze for a second, remembering where we are.