And food... Mike had said that it would be provided right? He would have to trust his cousin's words. A sound of rattling caught of his attention and he turned his head towards it, finding Bright head deep into the backpack. What was the koala doing?

Just seconds later, the koala was out of the backpack again, something in his paws. Win frowned and got up, curious to what the koala was holding.

"What have you got there, Bright?" Win asked and snatched the box out of the koala's grip. Win cracked the lid open and met with the sight of leaves, he would guess it was eucalyptus leaves as the koala head first into the box.

Win pushed Bright's head out of the box and put the box out of reach. "You're not going to eat everything at once." He grabbed a hand full of leaves and put them down on the floor. "I have to head out for a bit, be a good boy okay?"

He pressed a light kiss against the koala's head. Bright stilled in the middle of his movements, his little paws grasping after the leaves. When Win pulled back, the koala was staring at him. "Really, you're the cutest thing ever." He said as he got up from the floor. He already loved the little fluff ball. Maybe he wasn't so mad at Mike after all.

With a small smile, he left the apartment.

Bright's little koala heart was racing and he was sitting completely still, not even dare to move. He couldn't believe what just happened. If he had been a human, his face would be completely red, luckily koalas couldn't blush.

*Win kissed me.*

Well, Win kissed him on the top of his furry head but it didn't stop the happiness spreading through his tiny body. He had never thought he would be ever in the same room with the guy, much less being kissed and petted. Bright could die in happiness now. Even if he would have preferred to have those hands and lips on his human skin, he was still undeniably happy. Maybe he could forgive Mike for this, having Win so close was intoxicating and Bright had never felt so elated before.

But  he wondered how long he would be stuck in this body, it was frustrating, even if he loved all the attention Win was giving him, he wanted to return back to human. He reached for one of the leaves and put in his mouth. Who knew leaves could taste so good?

Ah yes, back to thinking. If he returned back to human, he would most likely never approach Win, maybe staying a little longer in the koala form wouldn't hurt. This way he could learn more about Win and he knew Mike wouldn't turn him back for a long time. If he had in his human body, he would have frowned now but he was not capable of making such an expression. He just had to get used to this body. The shock he had felt when Mike turned him, he still felt it.

~Flashback~

"Seriously, you might as well turn into a koala, you're just like one."

Bright ignored his best friend's words, not caring about whatever stupidities left his mouth. He wanted to wallow in self pity and dream about a world where Win is his. So he closed his eyes, fully intending on falling asleep but suddenly something felt off. He felt different somehow.

He slowly opened up his eyes and stared in shock when the pillow he was holding became so big and why didn't the floor seem to be uncomfortable anymore. He reached out his hands trying to figure out what happened with the pillow and that was when he noticed that something was wrong. His hands and arms were furry. He just stared at them for a while, not understanding what was going on. Had he fallen asleep?

He rolled around to face Mike, hoping he would have some sort of answers and Mike was already standing by him, looking big and scary. Hands came closer and grabbed him, lifting him up so that he could see Mike's face clearly. His best friend was grinning triumph. *What was going on?* He tried to open his mouth but it didn't work.

"Well, aren't you cute?" Mike laughed, shaking the animal. "I'm going to help you."

*Help? Help with what?* Bright was afraid to know the answer.

"You're going to live with my cousin, maybe you will get over your fear of confessing to him then." Mike reasoned out and put down Bright on the bed. "He won't resist a cute, cuddly koala."

Koala? He was a koala? How did this happen? He wanted so badly to ask but he knew it wouldn't be possible.

"I'm glad I managed to do the spell right, it would have been awkward if I failed and you turned into something else." Mike cheerily said.

*Spell?*

"Oh, and I'm a wizard." Mike explained, probably sensing that Bright was very desperate to understand.

How could Mike just admit it like it was nothing? Wizards existed? Bright could feel everything shattering around him. If wizards existed,  there had to be other things out there. He was afraid to know, the world he had grown up with was just a big lie.

Bright got lifted again and put down into a backpack. He instantly panicked and began clawing, trying to get outside again.

"Stop it! I need to put you in here for the time being. Behave or I will change you into a frog or something." Bright stopped. He heard Mike laugh a bit as he closed the backpack. "Well, my cousin thinks that frogs are cute, so I guess that would work too."

The backpack was moving and Bright felt unsafe. What if Mike dropped him?

"Okay, let's go!"

It didn't take long before they came to a stop and Bright could hear the sound of a door bell. His heart was beating furiously, just listening as Mike talked to his angel. He didn't pay attention on the words, he was too pre-occupied with just listening to the heavenly voice. Suddenly there was a movement and he felt arms around the backpack, squeezing a little too tight. Not long after, light shone in as the backpack was open and the face in Bright's dream came into view.

And later, when Win's hand reached out to pat him, Bright felt intimidated and unintentionally leaned backwards. He was afraid his heart would explode when Win touched him, he hadn't meant to appear as if he was scared for Win.

~End of flashback~

In his brief flashback of the events that had happened earlier, Bright had somehow managed to eat all the leaves without noticing himself. He wanted more. Where had Win put the box?

Bright glanced around the living room, looking for the box, hoping it would be within his reach. He grinned inside as he saw it on the dinner table and slowly crawled over there. He stared at the top of the table, thinking of how to reach there. He glanced a bit at the chairs and decided to head for one of them. He should be able to climb it, after all koalas are good at climbing right?

Carefully he reached for the chair and somehow managed to pull himself on top of it. He felt proud of himself. Now he just needed to pull himself up on the table without falling own. He slowly grasped at the top of the table and stretched his body out, so the climb would be shorter.

After almost falling twice and dangling for a bit, he got up. He put his paws together and clapped for himself, something which must have looked stupid if anyone had seen it. After celebrating his victory, he crawled towards the box and grasped it.

The box is closed. Now this would be problematic. His paws wouldn't be able to open it and his claws weren't sharp enough to tear through the box. Why weren't his claws longer and sharper? Did Mike take away his only weapon? He probably had, well at least they were sharp and long enough to use them to climb on short stretches.

But right now, he was very pissed. He wanted those green delicious leaves so badly. He could at least try to open the box, he might get lucky. His furry paws began scratching the box, hoping for it to magically open but it was impossible as he didn't manage to get a firm grip on the box.

"Bright!"

A/N

So what do guys think of a koala's version of Bright? Is he cute?
Anyway this story is just a short story, there will be about 10 chapters. Sorry for the short story. 🥺🥺🥺🥺
And sorry for the english, I'm not so good in english. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻