TWELVE

okay but why is madison beer perfect 
also this hit 600 reads thank uuuuuu

paradise - bazzi

Y/N POV

My nerves are all over the place as I walk into school. Ever since people found out that Noah and I are dating, they've seemed to hate me more than they already did. It's not like I'm hated by everyone, but I'm not really close to anyone, they're all fake. Today I plan on confronting Luke about Ebony. Ever since last night, none of us have talked. Jade and I hung out all night, but we didn't text or call Luke at all. Besides, he was probably all too caught up with Ebony to notice if we did.

"Hey." Jade says, coming up from behind me.

"Hi." I respond.

"You know, you completely missed first period." Jade tells me.

"What? Really?" I ask, I was sure I was on time this morning.

"Yeah, you did. I don't know how you do it." Jade says laughing.

"I don't know either." I reply, laughing with her.

The two of us walk through the halls and Jade stops at her class while I walk to mine. As I enter the classroom, the office lady, Mandy, is waiting there. She gives me the evil eye and I smile at her, walking through the rows of desks to find mine. Noah sits in the back, talking with his friends. When he sees me, his face lights up. At first, I was just going to kiss him, but then I remembered we were at school and did not want to be that couple. 

"Good morning, sunshine." He says.

"Good morning." I reply, smiling at him as I take my seat in front of him.

Noah rubs my back as he talks with his friends, talking about various sports teams. Mandy, who seems to be our sub, erases the whiteboard and begins to drone on about english literature. As I zone out, I think about all I could say to Luke. What would I even say to him? Speaking of Luke, my eyes snap up to him as he sits across the room from me.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Noah whispers.

"Nothing important." I reply, turning in my seat to see his eyes.

"Okay." Noah whispers, training his eyes to the whiteboard.

Noah shifts in his seat, turning his attention away from me. Confused, I look at him, but get what he's hinting when I see Mandy making her way over to me. 

"Anything to tell us all?" Mandy asks, gesturing to the rest of the class.

"No." I reply, looking away.

She rolls her eyes and turns on her heel, walking back up the front of the classroom. Everyone laughs quietly as she continues to teach, which makes my cheeks go red from embarrassment. I hate being the centre of attention. Noah taps my back, but I don't turn around. He sighs and slips a note onto my desk.

"you look really pretty today :)" it reads. Smiling at the note, I barely turn my head to him and blow a kiss, which makes him smile. He knows how to make me feel better, which I'm thankful for. The bell rings and all the students stand up and pack their bags, happy to be able to leave this class. I watch as Luke walks out the door with his head down, probably on his way to see Ebony or, hopefully, Jade. 

"See what I did back there?" Noah asks, catching up next to me.

"Mhm, very smooth." I reply, grinning. 

"That's my goal." He says, holding my hand.

The two of us walk to my locker where I stop to change my books. Noah stands with me, both of us in our own thoughts. It's nice being able to just think but still be around him and not have it awkward. One of Noah's friends, Jake, runs up to the two us, tackling Noah against the lockers.

"Dude, I gotta tell you- oh, hi Y/n." Jake says, smiling at me.

"Hi." I reply with a smile. 

I kiss Noah on the cheek and continue down the hallway, leaving him with his friends. As I walk, I pass Chloe who waves at me. After I wave back, I realize who she's with. Ebony. The girl really finds away to get around. She's probably filling Chloe's head with made up things about me, which I honestly would expect her to do. Instead of going straight to class, I look around for Luke. Jade has a class with him 3rd period a few rooms over, so he should be close. Standing a few lockers down is him, scrolling through his phone. 

"Hey." I say casually, walking up.

"Hey." Luke replies, putting his phone away.

"So..you and Ebony?" I ask, trying not to grimace. 

"Oh, yeah. While you were gone we kinda got back together. She's changed though, she's actually nice and cares about me this time." Luke says, smiling, which kills me.

"Are you sure?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He says, a hint of hurt in his voice.

"That's amazing! I'm really happy for you." I tell him, trying to lighten the mood.

Luke nods, a smile back on his face. The bell rings and he gives me a quick side hug before walking back down the hallway to his class. That went better than I expected, but I totally just lied to him. To think about it, all I've been doing is lying to Jade and Luke. It kills me, but I don't know how to tell them the truth, they'll both be crushed. 

*****

Luke didn't show up for lunch, but Jade and I found out it was because he skipped the rest of the school day with Ebony. That didn't take me by surprise since he seemed so happy when I told him I was glad he was with her. I felt really bad, but now I don't know if it even matters. He's way too caught up.

"Have you heard from him?" Jade asks as I drive the two of us home.

"Not at all. Do you think he's still with her?" I ask.

"Probably. I mean, they were pretty hooked on each other this morning. I'm just scared of what she's gonna do to him, I mean if it was that bad last time, how would it be now?" Jade reasons.

"I know, but I still can't believe he went back to her. When I tried to talk to him, he seemed genuinely happy." I add, pulling into my driveway.

"It's good he's happy, but he's going to be so hurt." Jade says as we both get out of the car.

"I know, I'm dreading that. I'll see you tomorrow." I tell her, the two of us going our separate ways.

I walk over to my front door and unlock it, pushing the door open. When I get inside, a note from my dad telling my he'll be late is sitting on the kitchen counter. Sighing, I walk over to our fridge and pull out leftover pizza, taking a piece. My phone dings, telling me I got a text, so I open it.

Schnipper 💛

Noah: are you free?

Y/n: yep :)

Noah: i'll pick you up in 10

Y/n: can't wait

*****

a/n -

i've had nothing to do so enjoy the updates :)

<3 lilia