Meeting of Two Minds

THE DRAGON

        Naelyra had urged the Dornish armies to proceed first with their departure, an unspoken agreement that she would catch up with them rather quickly while she rode Vhagara to the North

She had new wardrobe specifically made for her visit to the North -- gone were her favorite gauzy dresses that felt light and silky against her skin, bur rather they had been replaced with thickly lined gowns of white and black fur, leather gloves, and a cloak that felt too stifling to move around in. She despised them.

Yet, in the back of her mind, she knew that would have to be her permanent attire if she were to marry the King. Bound to the North and frigid cold and to the wolves, gone from the warm sun and glass seas that she spent most of her time flying over. Thinking of that saddened her, that even when Daenerys came and took the Seven Kingdoms, she would not be able to fly alongside the other dragons as she would be stuck in the North.

So she savored her last few days in Dorne, basking in the warmth of the sun and gliding across the garden while barefoot. She wrote to Daenerys -- albeit a brief letter, remarking that she would be traveling North to meet the king and to alert her when she planned to depart for Westeroes. 

She signed it formally -- Regards, Naelyra of the House Targaryen -- rather than just as Lyra. She was sure once Dany received the letter, she would sense her anger. She wondered if Daenerys would care. 

She had no time to ponder it as she embarked on the first day of her journey.

She caught up with her army rather quickly, flying above the clouds in order to watch over the ships in case of an un-predicated attack. They would land off White Harbor -- not directly into the port since the Bolton's now seemed to have control and they did not want to alert them to their presence, nor of Naelyra and her dragon, although she was sure the arrival of  her presence was becoming known across The Seven Kingdoms like wildfire -- and then journey on foot into uncharted terrority. 

Her first thought upon feeling the frigid cold air upon her face was dread. Ice had formed quickly on Vhagara's spines, making it harder to grasp onto. On the days where snow blew more quickly, she would have to fly above the cloud line to have any visibility below. She felt pity as she watched the dark forms of her army trudge through the snow and when she landed, she often found them struggling to get use to the cold. 

Vhagara also was struggling to get use to the cold.

She often whined once she landed down in the snow, her appetite waned and Naelyra had to urge her to hunt so she could maintain her strength. She needed Vhagara most in that time. 

Eventually, her dragon began to find bigger prey among the never-ending lands of snow, and she stopped seeming so grumpy in the following days. Eventually, Naelyra felt more comfortable flying in the wintry air, and Vhagara also adjusted.