III - RK800, The Prototype

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit!"

The Lieutenant stood up now,

"The truth is nobody wants to investigate these androids and you left me holding the bag!"

"CyberLife sent over this android to help with the investigation. It's a state-of-the-art-prototype. It'll act as your partner!"

"I have a partner!"

Lieutenant Anderson gestured to the Detective.

"Hank, you are seriously starting to piss me off! You are a police lieutenant, you are supposed to do what I say and shut your goddamn mouth!"

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you, Huh?"

"Ok, ok... I'll pretended like I didn't hear that, so I dont have to add any more pages to your disciplinary folder 'cause it already looks like a novel! This conversation is over!"

The captain yelled.

"Jeffery, jesus christ! Why are you doing this to me? You know how much I hate these stupid things... why you doin' this to me?"

Lieutenant Anderson put his hands on the desk to be more direct with the captain.

"Listen, I've had just about enough of your bitching. Either you do your job or you hand in your badge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do."

The Lieutenant slammed the door as he left and I shifted my gaze to the Detective who gave me a sorrowful look.

"I'm very pleased to have joined the team. I can assure you I'll do my very best-"

"Close the door on your way out and Grey... make sure Hank doesn't kill the android."

The captain sighed,

"Yes sir..."

Detective Grey said as they clasped my shoulder and steered me towards the door.

"Have a nice day captain."

I said over my shoulder as I ,in fact, did close the door behind us.

Once we were outside the Detective rubbed their hands over their face in frustration.

"I'm- urg really sorry about them Connor. Hank is... well he can be nice trust me and the captain..."

They shook their head.

"Humanity sucks."

They laughed. I did not understand their joke, humanity was in fact a very evolutionary thing, but I smiled nonetheless.

"I'm... gonna go get some coffee... find me if you need anything."

They said, stepping off the stairs and turning away.

I didnt exactly know what to do now so I chose to wonder around the office and see what I could understand about the Lieutenant and the Detective.

I walked to where Detective Grey was getting coffee simply to talk to them and learn more about them, after all we were on the same team now.

"Look at that-"

Officer Gavin laughed,

"Our friend the plastic detective is back in town!"

He joked, although I didnt think it was funny.

"Oh shut up Gavin."

Detective Grey scolded, they were filling up their coffee.

A double shot of espresso with no sugar.

"Congratulations on last night very impressive."

Officer Gavin clapped mockingly as the female officer beside him looked on in confusion.