[ sixteen ]

Start from the beginning

She suddenly turns around and raised a thumbs up -- Levi assumes that someone might have called for her -- so (Y/n) left Levi one last smile and mouthed "see you later" before she walks away.

Levi got back to eating, but a bubbly feeling in his stomach made him feel a bit boosted. He may appear composed on the outside as he silently enjoyed his meal but inside, his heart raced like it never did before.

(Y/n) just looked so beautiful with that smile of hers.

And Levi told himself he hates it. Very much.

"Was that your doctor?"

Levi turns his head to look at the source of the voice.

A short, orange-haired girl was beaming down at him, holding her own tray of food.

Levi had seen this patient before so he recognized her easily.

But what was she doing there?

He only sends her a single nod before going back to his business. Petra didn't waste any more time and took the seat across from him. Levi forced himself to not scare the smaller girl away. As long as she keeps her mouth shut, he told himself.

Because he knew better than to cause a scene.

"You're Levi Ackerman, right?"

The mentioned man rolled his eyes at this, sending the redhead a glare.

"What's it to you, brat?"

Petra chuckled at his response; it was her first time hearing his dark "angelic" tone so close that it made her feel like she's on cloud nine.

"I've been a huge fan of yours." Petra declared, earning more of Levi's attention. The male didn't believe what the girl said on the spot. He was an insane serial killer, a deranged criminal that brutally murdered people both for living and entertainment. Why would anyone take an interest on a person who had his kind of lifestyle?

But then again, this girl was a patient here, so that tells him something.

"You're spitting shit. Do you really know who you're talking to?"

"Yeah," Petra looks into his eyes and gave him a bright smile, "and like I said, I'm a huge fan."

Levi could only roll his eyes at the girl's "naivety". He wasn't in the mood to converse right now (like he was ever in a mood to) so he just stayed quiet and continued his meal, hoping that whoever this stranger was keeps quiet.

Petra too started to eat her lunch, sneaking glances at the ravenette in front of her and resisting the urge to squeal.

The man of her dreams sat so near. He was within her reach but Petra deems it's not the right time yet. She'll have to make him warm up to her before she makes him hers.

Petra internally smirked; she was very sure that her master plan would work.

But she had to get rid of the potential hindrance that could make all her plans go to waste.

And by potential hindrance, she meant Levi's doctor.

"How's doctor Zackley treating you so far?" Petra asks.

Levi pauses at the redhead's question.

"Fine." He replies, still not looking at the female across him. Petra could feel the small frustration in the pits of her stomach slowly rising back up.

"Really? I thought she was the type to interrogate and electrocute you if you don't answer. I mean," Petra casts her gaze to the side once Levi's eyes fell on her, "she surely wants to know the story behind your crimes. To maybe, I don't know, report to their boss and expose your back story to the world? Reporters out there would die just to get ahold of your classified information."

Levi's stare gradually became colder as Petra babbled.

"Bold of you to talk about her like that in front of me." He uttered, his voice grave, while he sets his utensils down and focused on Petra's unwavering expression. Something inside her mind almost snapped at Levi's statement.

He's mad because I bad-mouthed his doctor, huh...

"You don't know her like I do, so it's better your neurotic mouth keeps itself shut before I make sure you never talk again." Levi threatened, gaze intensifying the moment he recognized the look and emotion in Petra's eyes.

Petra didn't like how Levi spoke to her. And he wasn't the type to defend someone, so why was he provoked by her words against his doctor?

It's because (Y/n)'s not just a doctor to Levi, and Petra was quick to read that on Levi's expression.

"Sounds like you're very fond of doctor Zackley," Petra faked a smile, "good for you."

"Tch." Levi raised his spoon to his mouth again. The girl's words lingered in his mind even though he didn't want it to.

They could spread my shit for all I care, Levi convinces himself, I don't give a rat's ass on what they do.

"Oh, she's with the lieutenant!" Petra gasped happily, pointing at something through the glass wall, causing Levi to immediately abandon his food and search the other side of the cafeteria. "They look so cute together!" Petra added, watching Levi's reaction from her peripheral vision.

(Y/n) walked side by side with a male, both of them holding empty trays while laughing together. Levi could feel his heart rate increasing when the unfamiliar man whispered something on (Y/n)'s ear.

Farlan, Levi hissed underneath his breath, looking away from the scene.

"My doctor told me they're very close with each other. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're a couple already!" Petra gushed, smiling as she continued watching Farlan and (Y/n) exit the lunchroom.

Levi was quiet.

After a few moments he stands up and left the table. Petra's lips curled up into a smirk; she was sure she hit a nerve there.

This was her plan: make Levi realize (Y/n)'s just another girl that he needed out of his life. And if Petra gets lucky, it could be Levi killing his own doctor himself!

Ah, if only Petra knew how Levi's mind really works.