교차로

The wind blew relentlessly, the sound of it echoing all over town like a helpless scream of a woman awakened by the business of the streets. The ground shook, the dead of the underworld must've been annoyed by the noise she made, and the sky turned purple, a series of thunderbolts spilling over it's deep color and knocking out the clouds and the stars. The glowing, diamond like masses fell to the ground, away from the city, not bothering the movement of the large roads or the many stores decorated with neon lights to catch the peoples' attention, shining bright and giving the gloomy, concrete forest the color it missed.  

On the edge of the tallest building, a body of a woman appeared. Tearing through the thick walls of time and universe, glitching her way into another dimension, she stood way too many feet above the ground. The blonde shivered, opening her eyes to be met with nothing other than her death awaiting for her. One step and she was gone, like she was supposed to for so long. That's what the government said, if no one could ever love you, you had to die. You had to leave, a weight being pulled off the governor's nation.  He couldn't stand failures, people not worthy to be loved and nor did the community. So, if an individual hadn't met their soulmate by the age of 20, they were forced into the darkness. For ever.  

A single black tear ran down her cheek as she sucked in a breath, taking a step further. She looked at the sky and held in a squeal when her baby blue shoes slipped off the edge of the building and she wished to never be born again, while her body gave in. Dahyun fell, the wind around hugging her numb body like a mother's embrace but in it's most twisted form. The wind didn't hug Dahyun out of love, but spite. It didn't care to calm her down, stop the tears from streaming down her face, but make it worse. It wanted to kill her, like the rest of the world, not pull her back up to safety with some weird magic and some changes on the laws of physics – or whatever gravity was.

Soon she landed in a very familiar porch, it was left untouched, exactly like the night her life took it's worst turn. Dahyun looked around, at the freshly cut lawn and the empty mail box, the entrance of the big home she was standing out of and sighed. Her clothes were the same she wore that night, the purple dress her favorite person in the world had gotten her and her makeup was recently done, not ruined like it was after that night. The blonde had broken yet another wall, somehow made the universe glitch a little and was moved two days back. The moment she realized her whole body shook and she stumbled forward, the odd electric waves pulsing through her veins almost screaming at her she was given another chance to make everything right. Save herself.

The night had thrown it's dark blanket over the sleeping morning sky and the stars twinkled rhythmically as if singing a lullaby, the young woman  coughed, running her hands over the material of her dress and started walking. She braced herself, knowing, this time, what to expect the second the door of the luxurious house opened. Dahyun pressed the door bell with the pad of her fingers before taking a step back, her eyes piercing through the terrified figure of a woman moving to open the door. A long object was tightly held in one of her hands as she slowly slid open the door.

"Go away." her voice would've sounded monotonous to others, but Dahyun knew it held a tremendous amount of terror and passion. In comparison to her default, at least.

The raven head fidgeted, a golf bat clenched in her right hand and she brought it in front of her, shielding her body. Her eyes were bruised and spilling of tears, lip trembling and slightly swollen. She hadn't changed her clothes since the last time they had met and kept much longer distance than she used to.

"Look, Momo, I'm sorry!" Dahyun tried to speak, knowing well reaching out to hold her would only make things worse "We need to talk, I'm so sorry for hurting you."

The older woman avoided eye contact and repeated mumbled words over and over again. Shakily rocking on her heels, Momo fought the urge to close the door on Dahyun's face or use her bat if needed to defend herself.