Chapter 3: War

After many minutes of chasing the kids and trying to prevent them from causing mischief, Albert and Y/N practically dropped onto the couch. They tried to forget that they were babysitting.

"They are *huff* so... so *huff* tiring....." Y/N mumbled.

Albert nodded. "We're never babysitting them again."

"Agreed," Y/N concurred.

They then ran down the stairs, loud as elephants and went right up to them. "Ya know what we should do?" asked Kira.

Y/N sat up. "What is it? We're tired,"

"Nerf war," Zander grinned, "Us against you."

Albert started listening, "We get first pick on nerf guns, though,"

"Deal. Upstairs, people,"

When they arrived upstairs, Zander showed
Y/N and Albert his nerf gun collection. He had big ones, small ones, water-squirting ones and ones that shot multiple little blue, foam bullets at once. And, of course, Albert took the two best nerf guns. He handed one to Y/N over the groan of Zander.

"Touché," Zander muttered, him and his siblings grabbing one, too, "We start downstairs and you start in Kira's room, the next room over. Last team alive gets to make the other team do something of their choice. Yes?"

The two babysitters nodded their heads.

"Alright." the three walked downstairs and yelled start.

The first thing they did was build forts.

"Alright, a fort.." Albert murmured, rubbing his hands together. He stood there, thinking.

"Pillows and blankets?" Y/N responded as though it was obvious.

Albert nodded and pointed to Y/N approvingly. "Right."

Gathering pillows and blankets from the bed, there was a slight tension in the air, but Y/N was heedless.

"I need to use the bathroom," Y/N confessed after some building time.

Albert tossed him a nerf gun, which he caught easily. "Stay safe, I can't do this alone."

"Oh, I'm sure you'd be fine," he sarcastically added, close to complaining.

"No, I wouldn't. You saw those kids, I'd get destroyed. Now go, stay safe," then whispered, "Please."

"Alright," Y/N sighed, "I'll stay safe."

"Good. And if something happens, don't worry. I'll defend you."

---

When Y/N got back, Albert went up to him and said, "Oh, thank god, you're safe."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I was scared they got to you,"

"It's fine, I locked the door. You can trust me, it's okay."

"I-I know, I'm sorry, I was just worried."

"About?"

"You," he hesitated.

Y/N smiled and blushed a bit.

Albert turned away as his face went red from the cheeks to ears. "Let's, um, test this fort."

They climbed into the fort to see if it was sturdy enough to stay in. They weren't expecting to stay there long, until they heard footsteps creeping up the stairs.