55 | lights down low

Start from the beginning

"Did you read the book?" I ask Jungkook and he smiles like a fox.

"Kind off." He grins and I roll my eyes.

"What's the point then?" I exclaim. "You already know how it ends!"

"Oh come on! I promise you guys will love it! That is if you enjoy horror."

I raise my case. "Who doesn't love horror?"

"The bloodier it is the better!" Joy chimes.

"Oh it gets bloody." Jungkook says. "And gruesome."

"Dude!" Yoongi cracks. "Don't spoil it!"

As soon as we purchase our tickets with central seats we also grab some cheddar popcorn and spicy nachos with Cokes. Together we head towards hall 9 and we finally find our designated seats in the dark room. Jungkook goes inside first and I follow after him then Joy comes and Yoongi's last.

We're two minutes into the commercials and the sound of munching and popcorn crackling echoes in the room. But I don't care because I'm starving and those nachos with the paprica dip look mouthwatering.

"Dude, we're the only ones who eat this loud." Joy giggles.

"Relax, when the movie starts we won't be able to hear our own breathing." I tell her. "Also it's dark. No one can tell it's us."

"Our dates will know it's us."

I look at Jungkook's side and he's quietly chewing on some popcorn. I watch him take a sip from his Coke and damn why does he look good even when he's eating?

He shucks off his leather jacket and he struggles to find a place to put it since the seat next to him is occupied.

"Jungkook." I say and he turns to me. "Give me your jacket." He hands it over and I put it over my thighs and use it like a blanket. When I take a nacho chip and dip it inside the sauce I can feel his breath into my ear and that's when I chew on my chip attempting to look lady like instead of a slob.

"You look beautiful." Jungkook says lowly and I almost choke on the crushed nacho chip in my mouth.

Then his hand slips under his jacket and rubs my bare knee adoringly.

Heat rushes to my cheeks.

Sweat courses on the nape of my neck.

And he's just sitting there looking at the screen unaware of what he's doing to me.

The only thing I can do to cool down is take a sip from my Coke and breathe.

Jungkook's POV

The movie is thrilling so far. There's nothing out of track in the storyline although the directors made some changes here and there regarding the character's physical attributes. Of course, it's nothing compared to the novel. Film adaptations, usually are not nearly as good as the story that comes directly from the source, the author's mind but I guess that it doesn't matter when you're not a reader since you have nothing to compare the movie with.

However, I'm glad that everyone's having a good time. Yoongi is munching on his popcorn, but his leg is practically vibrating and it shakes the entire row. Perhaps, he needs to use the bathroom, or he's scared but he's passive about it. Joy is sharing snacks with both Elena and Yoongi during the entire movie and I'd like to think that she's enjoying it. She whispers different scenarios and theories to Elena and she nods in response. Until, the guy behind her kicked on her seat and flat out told her to stop talking. Elena is sitting comfortably, her silky smooth legs covered by my jacket. It's bad enough that the guy in the cashier was eyeing her up and down and some random dudes in the hall kept staring at her ass.