Lions and the Turtle

Začať od začiatku

"Of course, Bei. The last thing I would like to do now is hurt you again. I will not do the same thing I did over a year ago." He said, sincerity written all over his face.

"I'm willing to take this at your own pace, Bea. Let me just shoot my third shot." 

"Okay, but this will be the last, Thirds. If hindi pa rin ngayon, maybe we should just accept that we're just meant to be good friends." Bea said, pursed her lips and let out a sigh.

"Thank you. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself to you again." He said and then hugged her.

She hugged him back loosely, still feeling awkward. This will be the first time he would hug her again like that.  "You know it's not only me who you have to prove yourself to again, Thirds." 

"I know. I bet it will be harder to prove myself to your family again, but I will try. I will give it my all this time, Bei. Wala nang atrasan 'to. You are worth every thing." He responded.

Bea tapped his back a little, signalling him to let go of the hug.

"Ito naman, it's the first time I got you this close again." 

"Sus. Eh kung nag-seryoso ka lang sana, 'di ba?" She joked, rolling her eyes at him. Her face turned serious when she saw this look of regret on his face because of what she said.

"Ano ba, don't give me that look. I was just kidding." She added. 

"I know. But I told you. I realized where I went wrong. That's why I'm here asking you to take me back, at your own time and at your own pace." He is trying to keep himself from holding her again, so he just leaned his back on his car and placed his hands inside his pocket.

"I'll keep that in mind. Again, please, be sure of your feelings. Let's not waste time and play with our feelings." She said, looking at the ground while tapping her shoes.

"Yes, Bei. This time, I am sure." He assured her. And he is willing to continue doing so every day until he takes her back. And even until his last breath, that's how sure and willing he is.

She just smiled at him when their eyes met. "I'll go inside na. Take care on your way home. Please drive safely."

"Yes, of course, I'll marry you pa. I'll text you when I get home."

"Manligaw ka muna. Ligawan mo muna lahat ng laman ng bahay na 'yan." She pouted her lips towards the direction of their house.

"Of course, I will. Watch me." He said with pounding his fist on his chest.

"Hay nako. Good night na. I'll go inside na. Ikaw din, pasok na sa car."

"No, you go inside first then I'll leave na."

Bea not wanting the conversation to get longer since it's already late, walked to the gate and went inside. After that, she heard Thirdy's car engine started.

°°°°°

She was just passing by her parents' bedroom when the door suddenly opened. She was greeted by her father who seems like he just got home because he's still wearing his polo and jeans.

"Beatriz, can we talk?" Elmer said. Bea felt like her dad really waited for her to pass by so he could call her.

She just followed her dad to their living room upstairs. She sat down on the couch beside her where he is seated. Bea thinks it's just about the company that's why her dad looks serious. 

"Where's mom?" She asked to break the silence.

"She's taking a shower, kakarating lang namin." Elmer said.