Chapter 3: On and Off, Breaking My Heart

Start from the beginning

I groaned and put on my best Nadia voice, "Two pieces are so unflattering on you. You seriously need to lose more weight."

"Well you know she's wrong, right?" Jade asked, putting a hand on my arm.

I didn't reply, just pressed my forehead against the table.

Jade sighed, "What's the matter, you can talk to me."

I picked my head back up to look at Jade, the tears stinging my eyes beginning to fall. I swallowed a sob, instead just picking up a napkin and wiped my tears away and I began explaining to Jade what I saw and how it kinda hurt, Lane wanting to see me in his office after lunch, and I ended up revealing my month long crush on Andre to her, making her swear not to tell anyone.

"I promise, Sky. I won't tell anyone." she promised, her voice so sincere that I knew she wasn't lying to me.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that." I apologized, sniffling and grabbing another napkin.

"Sky, you're okay. Do you want me to come with you to Lane's?" she offered.

"If you don't mind? I feel like you're the only one I can trust."

"I'll come with you, I'll just let Beck know so he's not freaked out over it."

Nodding, I turned my attention to the salad in front of me. Sighing, I jabbed my fork into the green leaves, just staring at the food. Suddenly, the salad flew off the table and Nadia's perfectly manicured hands slammed down onto the table.

"What did I tell you about leaving Lane's office?" Nadia scolded.

"Okay." Jade sighed and stood up, "What is your problem? Skyla's done nothing to you and yet you're obsessed with ruining her life."

"I'm not obsessed with ruining her life!" Nadia defended, "If anything, she's ruining my life!"

"Like hell she is!" Jade fought, "This girl can't hurt a fly, but you? You get triggered by a pin dropping on the floor."

Nadia let out a breath and crossed her arms, "So what?"

"So what?" Jade exclaimed, "So it tells us that you have issues, Nadia!"

"I don't have issues."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

People were now looking at us, looking at Nadia and Jade locked in a battle while I was sitting there, scared shitless. Terrified that hands would start flying.

Nadia put her hands on her hips, sneering at Jade, "If I had issues, and if I had a vendetta against Skyla, then I would do whatever to hurt her. But I don't, so I don't know why you're accusing me of having issues!"

"Because you do! You harass Skyla daily, you just flung her lunch off the table, you have a vendetta because you're upset that she took your place in the showcase. You lost your voice and she stepped in for you, you wouldn't have been able to perform if she wasn't there."

"Just SHUT UP!" Nadia screamed.

"What were you doing with Andre in the hall this morning, huh?" Jade retorted, "I thought the two of you broke up for good. I saw the two of you."

She was lying, she was using herself as a placeholder for me. But when she said "broke up", I felt my heart break even more.

"Now I know you're lying." Nadia smirked, "I saw Skyla standing there in the hallway when I left Andre alone."

"So you admit that you did it to hurt her." Jade questioned, using any opening to probe Nadia.

"I didn't say that."

Hollywood Arts, Here I AmOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara