chapter two

I tried looking for the girl's uniform but it was never shown, so I read the wikia page and this was the closest thing I could find that matched what the haikyuu wikia page said.

—————

About a month after your conversation with your dad, you searched for schools and took placement exams on math, japanese literature, and other subjects; including an essay on a topic of any choice. Before you knew it, your father had presented you with a welcoming letter from Nekoma High and a brief introduction video from the school.

It almost felt like a college acceptance letter.

From what the letter read, you were to be expected on school grounds by next week. So that meant you had less than one week to prepare. And it didn't hit you until the very last minute.

-

It was 6:00AM when you woke up to the sound of your alarm. You groggily sat up from your bed and pulled off the covers, leaving the warmth that it provided and being welcomed into the cool atmosphere of the morning. You yawned as you lazily walked out of your room and headed straight towards the kitchen where you knew you'd be met with your loving overprotective father.

   "Good morning sleeping beauty," he said while drinking his morning tea.

"Good morning... Did you make me a cup too?" Your father nodded as he passed you your cup of tea and you sighed in ecstasy as you were met with the warmth that the liquid provided for you.

You looked over at your dad to see him in his usual outfit consisting of a plain navy two-button suit. You've always admired how versatile he was. His work persona was a lot more serious than his home persona. You smiled at yourself and thanked whoever was up there for blessing you with a father that reacts appropriately to different situations amd environments.

"Sweetie... Aren't you forgetting something?" Your dad leaned forward from his place at the table as if trying to catch you off guard. You only blankly stared at him in response.

"It's the first day of school, there's still time."

And then it hit you.

"Dad! Put my breakfast on the go!"

"Sweetie we have time-"

"No!," you said as a matter of fact. You pointed a finger towards him as you rushed up the stairs to get ready. "I'm going to be late!"

"It's only 6:15! We have time!"

Your dad was met with silence and he sighed. In that moment he decided that he'd buy you a breakfast at the train station.

-

You both at next to each other on the train as you ate your breakfast wrap in silence. To say you were nervous was an understatement.

You were absolutely terrified.

This would be the first time you've ever entered a real school since elementary. The most that you know about high school is through TV shows; especially, schools in the American sit-coms that your dad would buy on digital. One thing for sure is that you've mastered the art of reading fast thanks to the subtitles.

You looked over at your dad with the intention of starting a conversation when you saw him with watery eyes and his hands were shaking. You started to worry.

   "D-Dad? Are you okay? Don't tell me your allergies are acting up..." You used your unoccupied hand to grab his pills in his bag when he took your hand and brought it to his. It was now clear to you what was going on.

He was getting emotional.

   "I-I can't believe you're going to school... My baby is going to leave me..."

   "Dad, I'm not leaving you... Look, please don't cry." You gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm just going to go to school like the millions of other kids in this country. I'll be gone for a bit and then I'll come back home. Yeah?"

   "I know, but I didn't expect you to leave so fast. I mean, I guess it's normal since you spent a good while at home; and this is a great opportunity for you to make friends..."

   "But...?"

   "Do you really have to go?"

You only giggled at your dad's childish behavior. You knew he was loving, definitely one of the reasons why you loved him.

   "I just want you to know, if you ever get stuck in a situation where you feel like going back to homeschooling, don't hesitate to tell me. Just say the word and I'll pull you right out of that school." He had fire in his eyes when he spoke to you and you nodded before becoming silent and waited for the train to stop at your destination.

-

When you both arrived at Nekoma High, you didn't expect to see so many students there early in the morning. It was only 7:00AM after all. You walked with your dad towards the entrance when you sneezed. It wasn't loud, but definitely noticeable among some students. Growing red you caught up to your dad who was busy greeting the teacher.

Unbeknownst to you, you were making quite the reputation already.

"I feel like I've seen her somewhere..."

"She's cute!"

"What class do you think she's in?"

"Hey, wasn't she in the recent fashion magazine? The one for House of Mode?"

"You mean the biggest fashion brand in all of Japan?!"

"I've definitely seen her in a commercial."

"A model! And at Nekoma!"

Everyone stared at you as you stood next to your dad. The person who greeted you both was the Principal of Nekoma. She was a woman in her early 30's and she was quite pretty. Her hair fell gracefully down and over her shoulders, stopping just above her bust. She was in office attire, appropriate for a principal.

"I'm glad you could come today. Based on your scores from your placement tests, you'll be in Class 3, the advanced class. Now, let's get on with our tour. Mr. (L/N), I can assure you that your daughter will be in good hands."

Your dad nodded in appreciation before bidding you a 'see you later'.

Your first day at Nekoma was ready to start.