Ch. 16 Die or Retreat

"What happened to (Name)?" Jean asked Armin, panic evident in his voice. 

"She might have been caught in the blast." He said with dread. most of the houses were caught on fire and half of the scouts died in the chaos. Mikasa surveyed the area but couldn't see a sign of any of life besides them.

"We should presume her dead." she said with no emotion. "And that's why i wanted to kill the bastard when i had the chance." she said bitterly. "But (Name) had to protect her killer." she spat.

"I thought she was with Historia? Who knew that she was here all along?!" Jean accused. 

Armin held back his tears, "None of us knew she was here, she must have followed us." She must really love Bertholdt.

"For goodness sake she was supposed to be locked up for her insubordination, why would she come here after what happened?" Connie's voiced cracked. Sasha put her hand on his shoulder, Everyone was in pain.

"She's an idiot for falling in love with that monster." Jean said referring to the colossal titan. Everyone's attention on him.

That bastard! Eren thought in his titan form. 

.

"The colossal titan is headed this way Erwin." Levi said. They were on top of the way so they saw everything that happened.

"I have eyes Levi. . . I can see that." Erwin said while deep in thought.

"Ah, really? all this time i thought someone plucked them out... Like a damn earth mole." Levi said sarcastically. "What do we do? Do we stay here and wait to die or do we retreat?" He asked now getting annoyed with the commander. 

Erwin thought for a moment. . . "Erwin!" Levi shouted as the colossal titan was now fairly close.

The only way to defeat the colossal titan is if we. . . Erwin thought then he turned to Levi. "Levi, i need you to go find (Name)." Erwin calmly said.

"You really are blind, did you not see what happened to her?" Levi said.

"I know what happened, that is why i am tasking you to go find her---"

"You mean what's left of her." Levi said calmly.

Erwin glared at him. "In order for us to take down the colossal titan we need (Name). Go find her, while i meet with Hange and the others. we will rendezvous at the other side of the wall." He said while looking around. "The fate of this mission succeeding is in your hands Levi." He looked at him with a serious expression.

"I don't like the idea of carrying a crispy body," Levi mumbled while walking away from Erwin. "Your sucky plan better work." He jumped off the wall on his way to find you.

...

Short chapter i know i am sorry. Its been a while, huh? well i enjoyed reading your comments on the previous chapters. there's a lot of spelling errors which i am currently working on.