Chapter 1

Legolas took off through the forest trying not to get killed by the spiders. Thali sat in a tree watching. She knocked an arrow in the eye. She hit it again in the same spot.

Legolas stopped running and looked up. It wasn't someone from his hunting party he knew that for sure. She noticed him looking around and she jumped down. She walked up to him. "Spider chasing you, eh?"

"Yeah," he said quietly. "Who are you?"

"Thali," she answered. "You look familiar." She thought for a second. "Wait, you're Legolas right?"

"Yes I am. I don't remember seeing you before..."

"I kind of stay in the shadows in town...I see a lot of people but they don't see me..."

"You're a skilled hunter, Thali. You would make a good soldier."

"Thanks," she said. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"I was separated from my hunting party when the spiders attacked. I ran. For all I know they could be dead somewhere back there."

"Oh," she said. "Do you want to go back and look for them? I hope they're not dead..."

"Yes I suppose I shall. Find the wounded, bring them back. Same as usual." He said looking at the path.

"What direction? That way?" She pointed the way he had come.

They walked until they came until they ran into some members of the hunting party. "My lord, we thought you were carried off by the spiders. We were just about to come and find you," one said. He looked at Thali. "Who's she?" He asked.