Chapter 8: Runaway, Runaway.

Holy shit lads 1.05k reads?! That's fucking crazy!! Thanks a ton for reading! Wow. Ok. Gotta process how my shitty fanfic got so many reads. Here's the chapter, bye.

EDDIE'S POV

It's been three days. Richie hasn't calmed down in the slightest. If anything, he's more on edge. I keep trying to reassure him that his dad won't find him, but I'm honestly not sure of that myself. I think I might be lying to the both of us. The rest of the band keeps blowing up his phone wondering where he is, freaking out over their tour. I don't blame them, I'd be pretty terrified if my lead singer disappeared for three days too. I know he doesn't want to tell them, but I can't leave them in the dark with this. So I take his phone. I feel awful about this, but I call Beverly. It starts to ring and she instantly picks up. She's crying. "RICHIE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, YOU COULD'VE BEEN DEAD FOR ALL I KNEW AND I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I COULDN'T PROTECT YOU-" I cut her off. I have to. I can't let her believe that she's talking to Richie. "Beverly, it's Eddie. Richie is with me. He's asleep right now and refuses to contact you about this situation because he doesn't want to involve you guys. From what I know, it's really serious..." I say to her in a quiet voice so that I don't wake up sleeping mop singer Richard. I can hear her break down and Ben starts to speak "Bev can't handle this right now Eddie, I'm sorry... I don't know what's going on, but if Richie Tozier is in danger, all of us will track down whatever it is and destroy it... Give us a clue Eddie... what's going on..?" He asked in a concerned yet soft voice. It really isn't my place to tell them this... so I say the only thing that I can help with. I give him my address and tell him to get here as quick as possible. I move his phone away from me and delete the call I had made from his history. I feel like such a douchebag... What am I gonna tell Richie?

RICHIE'S POV

I woke up alone which terrified me as I rushed to find Eddie. I found him looking worried on his living room couch. I walk over to him quietly and wrap my arms around him. His body relaxed, but you could tell his mind was going a mile a fucking minute. I don't know what to say or do now. So I just say the one thing that I've been thinking about ever since we met. "Eddie..? Do you want to be my boyfriend?" I asked softly. I really expect a no, and I'm cool with that. I really like him, but if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to. Nothing I can do about that. To my surprise he looks at me with wide eyes and smiles. "Yeah." He said softly. All I could hear was the happy tone in his voice, and that got me very excited. He leaned in and kissed me, which I very happily return. It wasn't like the kiss in my dressing room, this was different. That one was filled with new territory and feelings. This one is filled with, what I can only assume is, love. Love... huh. Such a weird word. I can mean that you really like something, it can mean a sign of affection to someone close, but this isn't like anything I've ever felt before. It feels like I like him so much that my heart aches, but like in a good way, and I always want him around, and always want to hug him and kiss him and show him all of the affection in the world, and like I always want to protect him and tell him how much he means to me, and- holy shit I'm in love with Eddie. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO NOW?! Do I tell him?! Wouldn't that scare him off though? But what if he wants to hear it? He's my boyfriend now, so I guess it would be ok to tell him... but I don't want to risk anything. It's only been MAYBE a few minutes. Fuck, why is this so difficult to figure out. I felt him lay his head on my chest, and all of my heavy thoughts disappear. I can't help but tear up a little. He makes me feel things that I've only ever heard described in movies and stories. "I love you."

EDDIE'S POV

"I love you." Richie not only just asked me to be his boyfriend, but he just told me he loves me. I look up at him and he looks terrified that he just said that. It's the most fucking adorable thing I've ever seen. "I love you too Richie." I say before kissing his cheek. He's amazing, I couldn't be luckier. We lay on my couch in pure happiness for a while before hearing a knock at the door. I open it and see Bill, and behind Bill is the rest of LOSERS and Ben. "Eddie? Why the fuck is L-L-L-LOSERS a-at your front door? This is- wait is that Richie?" He asked as he peered into my house and spotted my mop boyfriend on the couch. Well this is gonna be tough to explain.