9 The Unthinkable

Start from the beginning

This time it was Riley who answered. “No thank you.” She said starting to walk to the section that interested her most.

After pick three books, Riley push Ash away telling him he could pick out his own without her, secretly she was going to go pick out her romance novels.

After choosing two books, she went to pay.

“Find everything alright?” Christina asked.

“Yes thank you, you have a great selection.”

“Thank you, I’m glad you think so, It’s hard pick what you think people are into, it’s nice to have a bit of everything I’ve learned.”

“Well you’re store is very nice, I will definitely be coming back, before our vacation is over.”

“I’ll be looking forward to it, and just to let you know you saved 40% by shopping in the used section, and if you bring your already read books back you can trade them for lesser priced or equal value.”

“Oh I will,” Riley was about to walk away to look for Ash but thought the lady might help her find him faster. “Do you happen to know what direction my mat- friend went to?”

“He was looking for action, I had my daughter help him,” she pointed in area, “They should be through there.”

“Thanks again,” Riley said walking off to go find Ash.  Looking down the book isles at the last one she spotted him leaning against a shelf, across from him a girl, probably the book owner’s daughter, Riley thought.

Riley watched as the girl helplessly flirted with Ash, Riley felt a pinch of jealousy, but not because she was afraid of Ash leaving her, but because she herself can barely flirt with her mates.

As the girl reached out laughing placing a hand on Ash’s chest, right started to feel a bit of rage from her wolf that let out a low growl, just as she was about to intervene, Ash made eye contact with her, Riley saw his face brighten up, and that instantly calmed her wolf, he gave her a smile and nodded for her to come to him. Riley wasted no time; as she walked over the girl brought back her hand. Riley wasn’t much for being a rude b!tch, so she gave the girl a genuine smile. “Hello, I’m Riley” Riley offered standing off the side between the two, but Ash had other plans; he tucked Riley right into his side.

“Hey, Becca.” The girl said giving the same smile back in defeat.

Ash kissed the top of Riley's head, send flips into her stomach. “You ready to go?” Riley nodded her answer looking up to Ash. “Here Angel, I’ll go pay then, he said reaching out his hand for her books.”

“Oh I already did,” Riley said shyly knowing why she paid before him.

“Oh ok, well I’ll go pay for mine, and then we’ll head out for some ice cream my treat.”

“Great.” Riley chirped.

Ash turned his attention back to the girl, “it’s been nice meeting you Becca, hope to see you again, and thanks for helping pick out some Stephen King books.”