Chapter 1 - Alpha Male

Truth is, I didn't want to find my "mate." I thought the whole idea was stupidly irrelevant, not even worth the drama. I was fine on my own, I didn't need a man to walk all over me or tell me what to do just like every male wolf. I didn't need someone dragging me down. But that definitely wasn't God's intention. Because at just 16 years old, my life was about to change... Forever.

The cold air struck me, sending chills up and through my body as his shirtless figure stood in front of me, clenching his fists. My neck sore from staring up at his tall frame, it was pitch black but the moon reflected off his tan body, I could see his glowing grey eyes studying every inch of me.

We just stared at each other for at least 10 minutes as I breathed heavier and heavier getting more and more nervous, my worst fear coming into realization when I realized, he was an Alpha. I gasped, breaking the silence. That's when he growled possessively and pounced on top of me hovering over my body but keeping an arm under me so I wouldn't hit the ground. He was 10x bigger than me, breathing heavily as he began to lose control.

His eyes turned from grey to a dark red, I pushed my hands on his chest keeping him away from my face, but my power was nothing compared to his. He grabbed my arms and pushed them to my sides and he put his head in my neck.

"Mine."

"My baby."

"You're my baby."

My heart melted at his words, a since of security ran through my body. But I kept playing 5 words in my head; I. Don't. Need. A. Man. He kept growling and breathing heavily. He just held me there, looking into my eyes.

"You're so-so beautiful and you're mine."

I couldn't speak, here he was. My Alpha mate. He was so beautiful and powerful and he knew it. He picked me up off the ground when he calmed down and his eyes went back to grey.

He changed attitude extremely fast.

"What the hell are you doing out here?!" He growled. His voice was dark and deep and he was staring through my eyes.

Damn it he was so fucking sexy.

I regained my confidence, "I could ask you the same thing."

He laughed, "Baby that's nothing for you to worry about."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I know you're out here looking to get it in with a few tramps lurking the reef. So let me tell you 'what's up.' We pretend this never happened, you go back to you're stupid little pack and stick with your hoes. Got it?"

He growled and roughly gripped my wrist. "For one, princess. I don't have 'hoes'. For two, I'm not looking for tramps. If you didn't already know, which it seems you do, I have a pack to run and in order to keep my pack safe, I uphold responsibilities such as lurking through the night to make sure there are no transpassers, like you."

"Oh sorry," I laughed, "I thought you had servants to do that for you."

"Listen here 'miss. I think I can talk to whoever with no respect' you're on my property and you're my mate. I'm going to be with you the rest of my life, why are you being like this?!"

I shook my head, "I'm not transpassing, I've lived in this same spot for 3 years and no one has had a problem with it!"

We both got quiet, and I came into realization on what I just admitted. He stared at my with sorry eyes, almost like he wanted to kill someone.

"How old are you?" He whispered.

"16" I whispered back.

He closed his eyes, "please don't tell me you've been living in these woods since you were 13."

I let my silence be the answer of that as I dropped down and sat on the cold ground.

He sat down beside me and lifted me up so I was sitting on his lap. I didn't even mind him touching me any more, reality just hit me like a brick.

"I wanna know what happened. I wanna know now." The alpha demanded.

I shook my head no.

"You're my mate. I can use my alpha tone on you and you will listen. So unless you want me to do that, tell me. Because I will kill someone for doing this to my baby." He said quietly, but in all serious.

I had no choice.

I took a deep breath

"I'm 19." He added.

He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. "I can't believe I finally have you. You're safe. Nothing's gonna happen to you. Fucking nothing. Okay?"

I nodded again, "okay."

"What's your name?" He asked:

"Skylynn."

I felt his smile, "Skylynn, I'm Dylan. Alpha of Crescent lake."

I jumped up a little, "Crescent lake? The top 5 most powerful packs?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "You'll like it."

"Alpha, I'm not going in your pack I hope you know." I said stubbornly.

He laughed, "Ha, for one, you're only 16 and 2, you're my mate and you're a rouge. You have no choice."

I was taken back, "Excuse me, "Alpha" but I make my own choices."

His smile faded and turned into anger, "Skylynn don't start shit and make it difficult Do you understand?"

His power overcame me, I had no choice but to oblige. But forget that.

I untangled myself from his grip and started to take off running. It was before I heard the loudest growl I've ever heard and before I knew it, he was on my heels. I turned around, kneeing him in the stomach and as he bent down I hid behind the closest bush.

"Skylynn!" He growled, "Skylynn!"

Then it happened so fast.

Someone grabbed my waist and put a hand over my mouth. My eyes began to water from their grip and I watched Dylan look around frantically.

"You can forget about him. You can be mine instead." His voice was deep but not as deep as Dylan's. His hands were cold and I could tell he wasn't a wolf.

"I've been watching you out here for 2 weeks, I was waiting for tonight but I didn't know you're fucking mate was going to show. You're too beautiful for him anyway honey." He said coley and harshly, grabbing my waist tighter with every word.

"Baby please!" Dylan called.

I closed my eyes and though it was muffled I let out the loudest scream, making tears pour out of my eyes and my voice was definitely strained I felt my throat almost rip as the scream ended, that's when the pressure of the mans hand let go, and I opened my eyes.

The man wearing a white mask, was on the floor as Dylan tore him apart barely beating him to death.

"Dylan you're gonna kill him! His not a wolf! Dylan stop !!" I could barley let out a whisper.

"I couldn't care if was a damn racehorse." He said lowly but loud enough for me to hear."

Dylan got up and stared at me, his eyes bloodshot. He ordered, "Get behind that tree. Sit down and close your eyes. I don't want you to see this."

I obliged, letting out soft tears. I sat down and looked at the upcoming sun, signaling the early hours of the morning were near. I laid my head in my arms. A warm big figure stood in front of me, kneeling down. He lifted my chin up and I looked into the eyes of my mate.

"Don't do that shit again." He growled.