𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏𝟓.𝟏 - 𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘢𝘴

Start from the beginning

(imagine her wearing black)

ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆ ϟ ❆

"Excuse me? Everyone?," Josh clears his throat as everyone stops their conversations to stare at him in the middle of Jason's living room. "I just want to thank everyone for putting their life on pause to come to Jase's funeral." He finds Barry with his arm around Caitlin and they both give him an encouraging nod. "So many of you have showed me an incredible amount of support in the last couple of days and...I just want to say I really appreciate it. Thank you for being here with us..." He ends with a nod and makes his way to where his ex waited by the sliding door to the backyard.

"You sure you're okay?" She asks as he crosses his arms, staring as the rain continues to drench the outside.

"I'm a lot better than the day it happened...it's been a week but it still hurts like hell."

"Yeah I can imagine," she shakes her head. "First Julie now Jase..." Josh takes a big breath after hearing his mother's name. He continues to avoid eye contact, especially now that she hit a sensitive nerve. She notices the tear that escapes him, tracing down his cheek. She reaches out and wipes it away, prompting him to back away a little.

"So where's your boyfriend?" He asks, still staring at the rain. "Honestly, I'm not surprised he didn't show. He's good at letting people down..."

"Okay, that is not fair-"

"Don't tell me what's not fair!" He snaps through his teeth, his blue eyes finally meeting her green ones. She draws her neck back before she exams the room. Luckily, no one heard. "The least he could've done was show his face."

"He thought you wouldn't welcome him. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't kick me out yourself..." Josh avoids answering by looking back at the rain. "Especially with what happened at Julie's funeral..." She trails off.

Bree was sitting on one of the couches on the other side of the room. She held her plate of funeral food on her lap. Next to her was Daniel, who happily enjoyed the baked ziti someone had brought.

"You're staring," he states without taking his eyes off his plate. Bree takes her eyes off of the exes to look at him.

"No, I'm not."

"Really?" He looks up and glances at her plate. "Because you haven't touched your food." Bree looks down to realize he was right. "Are you and Brett in a fight? Why are you avoiding him?"

"He's not the one I'm trying to avoid..." She hears a pause on the clanging of his fork, indicating that he stopped to think about something.

"Ohhh...does this have anything to do with what Frostbite said." He waves his fork at her. "Bree, Josh wouldn't do that. He's been cheated on. That insanely hot girl over there broke his heart." Bree rolls her eyes at that unnecessary detail. "He wouldn't do the same thing to Brett."