"First time here?" he asked in a not too friendly tone. He wasn't really menacing, his tone was just...suggestive. 

I turned to him and tried to be polite. Jake just turned and joined Scout and Ash's conversation.  Thanks alot, man. Really appreciate you abandoning me.

"Yeah," I answered, trying not to have an extensive discussion with this guy. He was the typical California surfer. Blond hair, blue eyes, muscle-y arms, 'charming' smile. 

"Out of state?" he asked. I assumed he was referring to where I was from. 

I nodded, then stopped and shrugged. "I guess. I'm from Ohio, but I moved here about a year ago with my friend." 

He nodded his head toward Scout. "That girl over there?" he asked, thinking I'd moved with Scout. Boy, was he wrong. "She looks familiar, like I've seen her on TV." 

'Well that might be because she's an actress and her movie premiere was aired last night on about thirty channels,' I thought snidely. 

"No, I didn't move with her, she's lived in California her whole life," I answered. 

"Oh, I see. So what's the special occasion?" he asked. Hasn't he ever heard the expression, 'curiosity killed the cat'? I was about to be the untold thing that killed the poor kitty. 

"It's my birthday," I told him, trying to keep my cool. This dude was getting on my nerves. 

"What are you?" he asked. 'Not interested,' I thought before he finished. "Like, seventeen?" 

"Yeah, I came here with some friends," I stated simply. I really wished Andy would hurry up. 

We moved up a group in the line, Line Guy coming with.  

"No boyfriend?" he asked, acting as if he were sad. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Andy's long, black denim covered leg step over the rope and join me. His hand enclosed around mine and I relaxed next to him. 

"Yeah actually," Andy answered for me. "I just had to run to the bathroom real quick." His deep, sultry voice was calm and relaxed. But I could hear the underlying aggression, and so could Line Guy. 

He took a step back and tried to appear unafraid of Andy. Though, Andy had about six inches on him and a much deeper voice. "Oh sorry man, I didn't know," he said, trying to apologize. 

"Obviously," I heard Scout scoff under her breath. I chuckled quietly and gave her a secretive high five. 

Before Line Guy could stick his second foot in his mouth, we were ushered into an awaiting boat. We got settled in and I prepared for the rest of the day. 

{***********************************BVB*****************************************} 

By eleven o' clock, we had hit up all of Adventureland, walked through New Orleans Square, and now we were headed to Frontierland. We waited in a half hour line for Big Thunder Mountain. They all kept telling me how good this ride is. Scout was in the middle of telling me a story of how Andy had almost lost his head one time. 

"Scouty, I really don't wanna hear that!" I whined. "I don't need to worry about my friend dying on my birthday." 

Scout shrugged. "Hey, it's useful information. So, when your kids come to Disney Land and one of them is really tall, you'll know to tell him to duck." 

I gave her a weird look. "We just started dating this morning! I haven't even had the thought of us having children, let alone getting married!" 

"Who said you guys would be married?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows.