Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Don't kill her yet. We still have to get her downstairs," she looked at my leg. "Do you really think she's going to survive with that," she asked, pointing to it. He shrugged.

"She's going to die either way, so does it really matter?" He asked, standing up.

"It matters quite a bit. Now get her up and downstairs before she dies. She needs to see everything we've done for her," she said. I knew there would be more people downstairs. Whether they be dead or alive, innocent or not, there would be someone down there. The man picked me up. I could feel the blood gush out of my leg. The skin clung loosely together. I could feel it hanging off. My vision was darker than ever and my leg burned like hell. There was no way I could survive. I was violently thrown onto a couch. I assumed we had reached the first floor.

"Grace?" Someone shouted from across the room. I couldn't place the voice. My brain didn't care about that. It was more concerned about my life. My heart was pumping, trying to keep blood flowing. My hands went down to my leg. Blood covered both of my hands instantly. Someone walked over to me and crouched down, coming face to face with me. They slapped me, bringing me back a little.

"Just stay a little longer. The show hasn't even started yet," they said. I could tell it was the woman from earlier. I looked at her. Her hair was shoulder length, red, and curly. Her face shaped like an oval with green eyes. Her skin was darker and a scar ran across her neck. It started at the bass of her chin and ran down her neck, stopping right above her collar bone. It was faint though, showing it had been done a while back. It wasn't new and she didn't seem bothered by it.

"I'll stay as long as I want," I said. I was trying to sound dangerous, instead, I sounded stupid. My words were slurred from pain. My consciousness was barley there. I didn't know what was happening around me. I could hear the screaming around me though.

"Are you back talking me?" She said, slapping me again. My eyes flicked open slightly. I felt like at any second, my consciousness would leave and so would my life. I knew no one was here to safe me this time. My Prince Charming couldn't come in and save me. No one would because no one knew I was here. If they did, they didn't care. The police wouldn't be here anytime soon, either. Ethan wasn't here to call them like last time. Tobi wasn't here with his phone. No one could notify Simon or anyone else of the danger. They could walk in at any second and instantly get mauled by any of the people in here. I didn't know how many there were. I could only guess. I was certain about two of them, though. "Well, you're going to stay awake and deal with life. We've gotten something real nice planed for you right now. Open them wide and watch," she said. I heard her walk away. She reappeared seconds later with something in her hands. "Guess what this is?" She asked. My eyes blinked, trying to get the darkness and fuzziness away. I saw a person standing there.

"Don't watch Grace," someone yelled. I looked around, trying to find the source of noise. My head was grabbed and jerked back. I saw a person in front of me, the girl behind them. It was a guy. I didn't recognize him. He was terrified though. He was struggling against her. She looked me dead in the eye and pulled out a machete. Her eyes narrowed and a smile crossed her face. She placed the blade against the guy's neck and dragged it across. Blood splattered, hitting my face. He fell forwards. I could hear him choke on his blood. She brought the machete back down. A second later she pulled it up. It was covered in blood. She dropped it and brought her hands down. When they came back up, a head was held in them. She had the man's head in her hands. A petrified expression was frozen on his face. His lifeless eyes stared back at me. She put the head next to my head. I turned to get away, but she brought me closer. I heard a ripping sound.

"This will help with the bleeding," she said, wrapping a piece of cloth around my bleeding leg. She wrapped it tight and then held her hand down on it, applying pressure. "Just relax," she said, soothingly. I assumed she was trying to save me so I could watch more. My whole body ached at this point. What felt like an eternity later, I was feeling better. My leg was still bleeding, but it was feeling better. My head was pounding and I was weak from the blood loss. My neck still hurt from the man's hands.