4 ~ Go Hard

image cred: didier_nguyen

Aizawa could tell something was off the moment the boys arrived at homeroom. Denki's request to leave early was expected, but it still left him uneasy. His concern grew when he saw the Bakusquad's somber expressions later during training.

Eijirou was notably distracted. He participated in training but seemed to zone out, maintaining his Unbreakable form while Izuku relentlessly pummeled him. The monotonous nature of this exercise was a relief for Eijirou; all he had to do was focus on maintaining his hardened state.

After five minutes of observing, Aizawa decided to address Eijirou. "Kirishima, come here," he called.

Eijirou trudged over, "What is it, sensei?"

"You seem off today. Is everything alright?"

"It's fine," Eijirou muttered, avoiding eye contact. He couldn't bring himself to share what was bothering him.

Aizawa wasn't convinced. "Are you sure? You and your friends are acting strangely. Kaminari didn't seem okay when he asked to leave—"

"Of course, he's not okay! He wouldn't leave if he was!" Eijirou snapped, startling everyone.

Aizawa remained calm. "If something happened, you need to let a teacher know-"

"I don't need to tell anyone shit!" Eijirou's outburst drew more stares. "I'm sorry," he added, voice softening.

From the back, Shoto whispered, "Bakugou is rubbing off on him."

Izuku quickly shushed him. "Don't say that."

Aizawa addressed Eijirou, "I think you should take a break."

"No, I need a distraction," Eijirou insisted.

Aizawa weighed his options. "Alright, but I'll keep an eye on you."

Eijirou nodded. "Thanks." He returned to training with Izuku, who offered a sympathetic smile.

As they resumed, Eijirou hardened to Unbreakable, and Izuku hesitated, unsettled by Eijirou's earlier outburst. "I'm ready," he said, starting his attacks at 8%.

Eijirou called out, "Come on, Midoriya! Give it all you've got. Treat me like a villain."

"I am, but I'm worried about hurting you," Izuku replied.

"Stop holding back! Just hit me!"

Izuku frowned, "It's not just about you; I could hurt myself too."

Eijirou rolled his eyes, "You'll never improve if you don't push yourself. Holding back isn't helping either of us."

Izuku shook his head. "You don't understand. I genuinely cannot handle—"

"Goddamn it, Midoriya! Just fucking kick me!"

"Why are you so insistent!?"

Aizawa intervened, "Hey! What's with the yelling?"

"Midoriya won't stop holding back. I'm trying to push him," Eijirou said.

"No you're not, you're just pressuring me!"

Aizawa sighed, "Kirishima, I understand your frustration, but remember that Midoriya doesn't have full control over his quirk. He has to hold back to avoid injury. Would you rather he start breaking his limbs again?"

"He doesn't hold back against villains!" Eijirou argued.

Izuku interjected, "That's different. It's a life-or-death situation."