Chakka's note

I'm usually not a fan of revenge plots as they often lead to a Manichean world; my reason has difficulties in understanding. The mean character is ridiculously evil, and the "nice" character ridiculously angelic. Yet, Itaewon class deserved an exception, and that exception is named Park Seo Jun. Since I couldn't watch his last work Secretary Kim, even if I love him, the cringe-cheesy-cliché level of this drama was so high that my sanity could barely stand one episode, it was natural for me to give Itaewon class a try especially after reliable friends recommended it, including a Korean one.

Itaewon class was a pleasant surprise, quite entertaining, and PSJ was more than convincing (on the top of being TERRIBLY handsome) and touching in his portrayal of an honest young man who paid a high price for sticking to his principles. Some essential causes and societal issues were brought up, such as race and LGBTQ in Korean society. Maybe not in enough depth, but that is what characterizes a drama in general, and more, in particular, a webtoon based drama, where depth and complexity remains an area of development.

Yet, the delicious surprise of this drama lay for me undeniably in Jo In Seo's character with whom I fell in love, immediately, played by versatile Kim Dam MI. Thus, it is no surprise that I felt quite disappointed after episode 14, where 4 years have passed, and there were only two episodes left for the denouement to happen, which mostly revolved around Sae Ro yi accomplishing his revenge and eventually realizing his feelings for In Seo...

Now I wish that part was a bit longer...